Help Please
there ws no jpn slim that I'm aware of. they used the same bios we do.

Sponsored links

Is there any real difference in the different BIOS versions, anyway? Other than the region locked refresh rates and such, obviously.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
they are modified, but the bios doesn't control refresh and such, the hardware does (cause you can use a US/JP bios on euro games and it pans out to 50 like normal)
Ah, ok. So what exactly DOES the BIOS control where they would need versions for different regions? I've always been confused by that. It's not like if I take my PC to Europe it won't work because the software is in the wrong region.(I know I'd have to get a power adapter of some sort, though Tongue)
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(04-10-2009, 07:14 PM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: It's not like if I take my PC to Europe it won't work because the software is in the wrong region.(I know I'd have to get a power adapter of some sort, though Tongue)

right, a different plug. but on another note: look at your DVD drive properties: the bios only sets those and says how much it can change. the DVD drive is Region 1 in USA, and 4 in mexico, 2 in europe, etc. you can only change that so many times. I think the PS2 dvds are the same way
DVD drives regions are set by the drive's firmware, not the BIOS or the OS(though it can be changed through the OS GUI a set number of times). It seems to me that DVD regions and BIOS versions are completely separate from each other. Besides, I suspect that the PS2 DVD drives are region free, since you can import games from Japan and play them just fine on your PS2.

I mean, what is a BIOS, anyway? Just a basic set of software instructions that tell the hardware how to work together. So, I guess the only reason that there are different versions of the BIOS is because the different areas covered by each BIOS is because each version is tied to a particular set of hardware. So, does that mean, then, that the Europe version of the PS2 have slightly different hard configurations with different raw capabilities than the ones in the US and that's why a different BIOS is needed?
yea, seems like it. but yea, I was thinking bios and firmware, but it can't be flashed on the PS2, only dumped. so I would consider the bios to be the firmware.
Hrm...maybe I should make a different thread for this, I feel like I've hijacked this one without really meaning to Unsure
happens all the time,the questions are legi and around the same area. we just happen to be active whereas they are not.