FPS problem with Final Fantasy 12 (FFXII)
Yeah FFX-2 videos will be slow and glitchy, they will look fine if you use software renderer in GSdx but the rest of the game will be slow.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64

Sponsored links

Wow. I've just learned that FF X-2 and FF XII are two different games!
Imagine my happiness when i get whole new FF to play pops up from nowhere! Smile
Phenom II X4 940 3 Ghz / 8 gb RAM 800 / Geforce GTX 460 / win7 64
(07-07-2009, 10:35 PM)tohdom Wrote: Wow. I've just learned that FF X-2 and FF XII are two different games!
Imagine my happiness when i get whole new FF to play pops up from nowhere! Smile

well, then try to imagine the confusion of many final fantasy fans, when after part 2 and 3 the seventh installment was released Wink
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
(07-07-2009, 07:44 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Yeah FFX-2 videos will be slow and glitchy, they will look fine if you use software renderer in GSdx but the rest of the game will be slow.

define "slow"^^

okay, ty, ill try to switch from hardware to software and see how it goes.

btw, there are a few patches for ffx-2 listed (3 i think). maybe ill just have to activate one of them, oui? (sorry for the oui, i couldnt resist it.....it kinda belongs there, just speak it out loud^^).
Processor: Intel Core 2Duo Cpu E8400@3ghz 3ghz
Memory: 4gb
Graphics: HD4870 512mb
There's a patch that will skip the videos completelly if that's what you want, otherwise dont activate them. You can usually switch between software and hardware mode in game with the F9 key.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
okay, switching to software did fix the video, but the fps still drop to 40fps instead of 60.

since i can play ff12 at a solid 60fps without any speedhacks enabled i guess, its just a config problem.

any ideas what it could be?
Nope,perfectly normal for software mode to be way slower,just switch back to hardware once the movie is finished.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
with softwaremode the videos are clear, but still as slow as before and the game itself (in hardware mode and in native) is still running at 40-60fps so not really stable.

any ideas?

edit: okay now ive encountered missing models, too, and a gamecrash.
at the scene at mt. gagazet, when they use the first elevator, my cpu usage spikes up to 95% and then drops to 50% and the models of yuna, rikku and paine go missing.
not only do the models dissapear, but the game freezes, too.
hi. i've just lookin for answer for sthg like that.

I'm runnin pcsx2 on:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40GHz
Ram: 4gb
Sys: windows7 x64
graphics: XFX geforce 9600GT

When I start the game [menus etc] it holds on about 130-150% [fps]. i don't quite know why after some time of play frames drops. Sometimes its just for a sec. and sometimes it holds for couple of time [and I 've noticed that when I change camera direction it has connection to fps, for example: speed runs @ 60-80 fps and in one moment it drops to 40 fps, but when i move camera above characters - speed increases].

I've played once and there was all ok. Speed was running @ 100-130% [drops where noticed to 98% minimum], and same day later when I started pcsx - speed was @ 100% and drops where even to70% - and I don't play it with other aplications enabled].

What's going on....sometimes gentle changes in processor or something gives a result, and sometimes not.

Heres my actual config for FFXII:

Graphics: Gdsx890 [MSVC 15.00, SSE2] 0.14
res: 1920x1080 60hz
renderer: directx10[hardware]
interlacing: none
aspect: 16x9
internal res: 1024x1024
NLOOP hack checked
Texture filter checked

Audio: SPU-X2
Interpolation: linear
Module: X-audio2
nothing checked

Processor: EErec - checked
VU0 checked
VU1 checked
MTGS checked
Frame limiting: limited: custom 80, skip frames when lower than 30, consecutives fps brfore skip 5, frames to skip 2

Speedhacks - only 1.5x checked.

Advanced: default;]

What else - i've noticed since I first start PCSX2 some warnings like this [SCREEN] ....BUT.....all dll's ARE in 'plugins' folder!

Ok, I hope this info helps and u know what's going on.

looking forward 2 reply;]
That's what you get for getting a "PCSX2 All BIOS" pack, which is illegal since it has BIOS files in it.
As our rule #1 states, you will not get support for illegally downloaded material and the thread will be closed.
[Image: newsig.jpg]