Front Mission series.
(09-06-2009, 11:21 AM)demoneva Wrote: With the latest beta 1736, SPU-X and Gsdx I am able to play FM4 perfectly. No sound or graphical glitches whatsoever.

Can you please post which settings and plug ins you're using? It would help a lot of ppl if your claim is valid...
[Image: 1283060.png]

Sponsored links

The only graphic glitch I'm getting now is these horrendously misproportioned shadows on the wanzers and black textures on the ground sometimes, but that's pretty much it and it's barely anything to worry about. I get absolutely no crashes whatsoever during any part of the game.

Gsdx 1763, D3D9 hardware, native res, aspect ratio 4:3, allow 8-bit, Log z and alpha correction are enabled.

In PCSX2 I have every single speed hack on and turned up to the max (even VU cycle stealing and it provides 0 problems, except for a rare desync in sound which has only happened once) and MicroVU with its corresponding speed hacks. I do not have a dual core so MTGS is off. In advanced settings I have Round mode on chop/zero, clamp mode on none, flush to zero and denomonals are zero are ticked and all the above also applies to VU rec options.

I hope this helps you guys. Front mission 4 is a very good game.
I confirm this: FM4 works on v1736 IF MTGS is off! There are some of these ugly black textures and shadows that demoneva is talking about, but i'll experiment tweaking the graphics around.

Point is, it's MTGS settings that destroy FM4 in the current betas
I believe this is a breakthrough....thank you my single-core. Rofl.

I thought those black textures were my VGA, but apparently not. If you find a solution, do tell. It looks like theres these giant weird palm tree sponge shadows under all the wanzers.
If you really want FM4 to work fast and without graphic glitches, compile a 1000 beta version of pcsx2.

http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/wiki/Comp...ForWindows
^this'll teach the basics of how to compile

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-9978-post...l#pid74913
^this post will tell you how to get a version 1000. just make a copy your original pcsx2 folder and paste the r1000.exe file in that directory. Run it, and you should get an r1000 beta version that runs FM4 with no problems Smile
Yes indeed MTGS kills FM4, thanks for the update demoneva the game works great now with MTGS turned off! Im getting no FPS drops under 55fps! wOOt!
[Image: 1283060.png]
No problem Smile
So... anyone have some speedup tips for FM4? I bought it a couple of weeks ago from Amazon and since my PS2 is busted, I just use an emulator. Anyways, that's any tips aside from going to the r1000 beta or disabling MTGS (which is what is making it freeze up on certain cutscenes but slows the game to a crawl), since I don't know how to compile to older betas, and IIRC the thread for the instructions only refer to getting the latest build.

I really would like to play it, since I just beat FM3 today (for like the 15th time since I bought it on release day).
Currently Playing:
Front Mission 3 - Emma Missions
Front Mission 4
Parasite Eve 2 - Replay Mode
FullMetaru: To compile older versions, instead of using "head revision" you just click "revision" and set the revision number (IE 1000). It's not a hard process to change Wink

That said, as of right now those are the only two solutions. I'll try the latest legacy build (which you'd still have to learn how to compile) but I don't believe it was fixed yet in that release.

(edit) confirmed still broken in latest legacy GUI. May be fixed in the new GUI with the rewrites to the MTGS code. Might try it later, but too lazy to compile one up right this second.
[Image: 2748844.png]
The full translation of FM5 should be released in 2 weeks, looking forward to it. Hopefully the layer display problems with GSDX or PSCX2 will be fixed soon if they haven't been already.
i7 6700k @4.5GHz | Nvidia GTX 1070 8GB | 32GB Corsair DDR4 RAM | Windows 10 64-bit