Resolved: [Bug Report] Front Mission 4 [NTSC]
[Bug Report] Front Mission 4 [NTSC]

# Pcsx2 version: Beta version r1736
# Cpu eerec on, vurec0 and vurec1 on, microVU both on and off, MTGS on
# Plugins used: Gsdx 0.1.15 (hardware and software, dx9) or zerogs 0.97.1
# Description: Game crashes near the start of gameplay, as early as the first battle after starting a new game. Skipping all the cutscenes (including the scenes where Father 1 and Arrow 6 talk) will lead to the pilot talking. It is this scene where FM4 crashes. The game works on the 0.9.6 stable build, however the framerate is slowed down to 30fps and the game's polygons are spiky and all messed up. [/align]

Sponsored links

If you can compile a copy of the emulator, get a release around Revisions 945 and 1000 which have both the spikey polygon syndrome fixed but before the crashed were introduced into the game.

I'm not sure exactly when the crash was first introduced, but it has been in the emu for quite a few releases now.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(09-06-2009, 05:39 AM)Koji Wrote: If you can compile a copy of the emulator, get a release around Revisions 945 and 1000 which have both the spikey polygon syndrome fixed but before the crashed were introduced into the game.

I'm not sure exactly when the crash was first introduced, but it has been in the emu for quite a few releases now.

If you can compile, tracking the revision when it first happened would be VERY useful to the devs and will largely help in fixing it
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I'll have to study up on all this first (currently reading the guide and downloading tortoise). I'm a total noob to this, so it may take some time before I can get cracking on the compiling.

Here's to hoping I've got visual studio installed on the PC. If not, I'll have 90 days to do whatever I can to get cracking on the compiling. -_-;;;

edit:
Okay, so I don't have VS2008 on my pc. I'll download this, but the almost 4-gig program will take a couple of days on my slow-ass 1mbps connection.

I would really appreciate it if you could also suggest smaller-sized alternatives to VS2008, especially since I want to help out and find at what build FM4 got screwed over with the crashes and all that.
I don't have access to my main computer at the moment (I totally fubared it trying to install ubuntu on a secondary partition) but I'll work out exactly which revision it was in the next day or so.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(09-06-2009, 02:49 PM)bleakessence Wrote: I would really appreciate it if you could also suggest smaller-sized alternatives to VS2008, especially since I want to help out and find at what build FM4 got screwed over with the crashes and all that.

Visual Studio Express!
http://www.microsoft.com/express/downloa...webInstall
The yellow box that says c++ Wink
@rama
Thanks! 96mb free is a whole lot better than 3.9gigs trial

re:FM4 crashes
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716-post...l#pid54776
^i read this post over at the beta pages when I was browsing through the history. so at least the crashes can be narrowed down to somewhere between r1000 and r1329

edit:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-9601-post...l#pid74676
^the guy who made this post said his r1736 beta version can run FM4 with no glitches whatsoever. I asked him for his settings, but you guys may want to milk more specific info from him

edit2:
okay, so the compiling guide was updated - and made completely illegible for c++ idiots like me. The simple instructions were expanded so much to accommodate the programmers that I no longer know where to go with all the information at hand. I'll have to spend even more brainpower (and hours of trial and error) just to bring out the previous versions.

Sorry if I'm whining a lot here, but could anyone give a couple of tips for helping visual studio noobs compile previous builds? It could even be stickied for future idiots like me who looking for older versions of pcsx2 x_x;
Uh the new guide is large but is WAY more detailed than the old. If you just take some time and read it, you'll see that it spells out everything step by step, so even complete noobs can follow it.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Alrighty... will read the guide in-depth once I'm done with today's work.

edit:
got it. the guide provided info for how to compile a file, but did not provide info on how to go back to a certain revision of the beta. I did this by right-clicking the build directory, clicking "update to revision" then inputting "1000" in the directory. How to rebuild a .exe file was provided in the guide, on the section "PCSX2 Target Build Directory."

I just copy-pasted the r1000 unto the new directory.

Still, kudos to Koji for sending me an r1000 build nonetheless. Thanks man Laugh
update:
remember the guy I said made FM4 work on his comp? He disabled the MTGS in the CPU options, and that's all it took to make FM4 work. There were a couple of graphic glitches with r1736 (disproportionate shadows) and some slowdowns (45-60 fps depending on scenes), but FM4 will in theory work with r1736