サルゲッチュ2(Ape Escape 2) - SCPS-15025 (J)
Hi, this should be viewed as a performance report, since the game actually runs with no performance issues whatsoever.
Tho I still need help with what I think is the draw distance in-game which makes the textures look too bright compared to other parts of the same scene

Here's what I'm having trouble with, plus the config I'm using on plugins: https://imgur.com/a/T4jEi

Build: v1.5.0-dev-2229
GS: GSdx 20171124000826
SPU2: SPU2-x 20171124000826

CPU: i5-6400 2.70GHz
GPU: RX 470

OBS: Changing GS presets doesn't affect it, neither renderer nor HW hacks
OBS2: TC Offset is only there since I wanted to know what it does, tho it didn't change a thing

Sponsored links

Did you try disabling HW hacks? Skipdraw may be missing an effect that acts as shadowing for objects.
Quote:Tho I still need help with what I think is the draw distance in-game which makes the textures look too bright compared to other parts of the same scene
It is likely due to mipmapping which isn't fully emulated in HW mode.
Full mipmapping was required for Ape Escape, also Trilinear filtering in combination, well that's what the report says on the meta mipmap issue.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
Mipmap layers aren't inherited from the base layer. Instead they updated the brightness, so we should interpolate on the Z axis (aka real mipmapping + trilinear filtering).

So far, I don't think mipmapping is accurate enough (on HW renderer) to emulate it properly.