Sponsored links

Black Screens? So your computer locks up? It actually sounds like a driver issue to me. Maybe try updating those drivers for your video card or downgrading. You could rent a game and test.
Windows 7 - Asus G73jh-a1 - 17-720qm @ 1.6 GHz (2.8 GHz)(2.4ghz)(1.73ghz) - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 @ 700/1000 (sometimes oc to 800/1100) - 8 gig ram
Remake your ISO with Imgburn, and proceed with using the "Iso Selector". Make sure the "Iso" option is checked in the CDVD menu.

If this still isn't working (and you truely haven't messed with the settings), then I have another idea for you:

Use the PCSX2 Binaries, and extract PCSX2 into a custom location (i.e. "C:\PCSX2"). Do not put it in "Program Files" or the likes.

Make sure that's all setup (you shouldn't really need to change settings), and proceed with that well-made ISO as previously suggested. If this doesn't get the game booted, I'm not sure what's going on...
My friend had a similar sitiuation before. His computer crashes everytime he uses pcsx2 (bluescreen). I told him to try system restore and it works fine now.
I don't think it's a complete PC crash or BSOD.

I'm pretty sure OP means the game window remains black, and nothing ever happens. Just like something you could get from a completely incompatible game, except Kingdoms Hearts is very compatible.