[0.0.9.5197]Xenosaga IPU1 Normal Error on Save
Quote:PCSX2 0.9.9.r5197 - compiled on May 4 2012
Savestate version: 0x9a070000

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 16360 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™ i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 07)
CPU speed = 4.099 ghz (6 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 1fbee3bf
x86EFlags = 2c100000

x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX

Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
Binding GS: D:\Users\GMan\Desktop\pcsx2-5197-windows-x86\plugins\GSdx32-SSE2-r5191.dll
Windows 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1 1.0)
AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series (8.17.10.1124)
Binding PAD: D:\Users\GMan\Desktop\pcsx2-5197-windows-x86\plugins\LilyPad-r5112.dll
Binding SPU2: D:\Users\GMan\Desktop\pcsx2-5197-windows-x86\plugins\SPU2-X-r5172.dll
(GameDB) 9641 games on record (loaded in 143ms)
Binding CDVD: D:\Users\GMan\Desktop\pcsx2-5197-windows-x86\plugins\cdvdGigaherz-r4488.dll
Binding USB: D:\Users\GMan\Desktop\pcsx2-5197-windows-x86\plugins\USBnull-r5157.dll
Binding FW: D:\Users\GMan\Desktop\pcsx2-5197-windows-x86\plugins\FWnull-r5157.dll
Binding DEV9: D:\Users\GMan\Desktop\pcsx2-5197-windows-x86\plugins\DEV9null-r5157.dll
Plugins loaded successfully.

HLE Notice: ELF does not have a path.

Initializing plugins...
Init GS
Windows 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1 1.0)
AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series (8.17.10.1124)
Init PAD
Init SPU2
Init CDVD
Init USB
Init FW
Init DEV9
Plugins initialized successfully.

Opening plugins...
Opening GS
Opening PAD
Opening SPU2
Opening CDVD
isoFile open ok: I:\ISOs\Xenosaga1.iso
Image type = DVD
Fileparts = 1
isoFile: searching for layer1...
isoFile: loaded second layer from settings cache, sector=0x001fb290
* CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Double layer:
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 1) (4134912 sectors)
Opening USB
Opening FW
Opening DEV9
McdSlot 0: D:\Users\GMan\Desktop\pcsx2-5197-windows-x86\memcards\Mcd001.ps2
McdSlot 1: D:\Users\GMan\Desktop\pcsx2-5197-windows-x86\memcards\Mcd002.ps2
Plugins opened successfully.
EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset
Bios Found: USA v01.60(07/02/2002) Console
BIOS rom1 module not found, skipping...
BIOS rom2 module not found, skipping...
BIOS erom module not found, skipping...
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to NTSC.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 59.94 fps
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_204.69;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.0
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC
ELF (cdrom0:\SLUS_204.69;1) Game CRC = 0x6D1276AB, EntryPoint = 0x00200008
IPU1 Normal error!
IPU1 Normal error!

There is the emulog file.

At anytime after the Gonsis attack the ship at the beginning of the game anytime I try to bring up the same menu I am getting this IPU1 Normal error and am getting thrown to the PS2 boot menu.

I am not running any hacks or game fixes. At first I thought it may be a bad rip so I re-ripped the game but this still happens. Is this a known bug with this version of PCSX2?
"I thought what I would do was, I'd pretend to be one of those Deaf-Mutes...Or should I?" -- Laughing Man

[Image: ach.png]

Sponsored links

Very Very Very well known. do a save state before using save points just in case this does happen.

This is only one of many save points that will randomly throw you back to the bios manager though
(07-03-2012, 05:00 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: Very Very Very well known. do a save state before using save points just in case this does happen.

This is only one of many save points that will randomly throw you back to the bios manager though

Does this happen on all versions of PCSX2 or just the more recent ones? Also is there a list of which save points do not work? The one in Shion's room and in the one area after the hologram projector work but besides those two none of the other ones have worked, not even the in-between save points.

It is very annoying since I am recording a walkthrough of the game.
"I thought what I would do was, I'd pretend to be one of those Deaf-Mutes...Or should I?" -- Laughing Man

Its always happened for as long as this game has been supported.
Squall,

Does this also happen during many cut scenes? I just got the same error during the cut scene where Cerenkov starts seeing "ghosts" in the Cathedral Ship which ended the scene prematurely.

I think nearly all the end of chapter saves will reset it or at-least a good number of them, press F1 before attempting to save to be safe.
ok, i dn't see the ipu errors on my end, gunna have to say faulty rip or incredibly aggressive use of speedhacks

the save point crash appears to be a modified code issue that only the interpreter + eecache can manage to pull off, but changing to have ee cache enabled black screens and crashes the game
(07-06-2012, 06:29 AM)hyakki Wrote: I think nearly all the end of chapter saves will reset it or at-least a good number of them, press F1 before attempting to save to be safe.

Hmm that could explain it. The intermission save point before the CAth. ship section was bugged for me.

(07-06-2012, 06:49 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: ok, i dn't see the ipu errors on my end, gunna have to say faulty rip or incredibly aggressive use of speedhacks

the save point crash appears to be a modified code issue that only the interpreter + eecache can manage to pull off, but changing to have ee cache enabled black screens and crashes the game

To the first part I have re-ripped the game several times now (with Alcohol 120) and it continues to happen. I have speed hacks and game fixes turned off entirely.

Not that big of a deal, I never expect 100% compatibility when it comes to emulators, and the video quality I shoot for in my walkthroughs (i always use hardware mode + 2x scaling w/ gsdx), for ps2 gen systems or higher but I was just wondering if I am going to run into any more of them during cut scenes. That one was not that important overall but if you know of any that happen during important scenes and know about them let me know.

how are you loading the iso (plugin or internal loader)
what format is the image in

what did you use to rip it
(07-06-2012, 08:27 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: how are you loading the iso (plugin or internal loader)
what format is the image in

what did you use to rip it

1. cdvdGigaherz (r4488) 0.8.0
2. .iso
3. Alcohol 120%