0.9.6 Ubuntu Linux - Final Fantasy XII
Uhm... Only once ... just once... Final Fantasy XII started....
and I got 10 fps ... is it normal?

I got a Intel core 2 duo E6750 2.66
4 gb ram
Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT 512 mb ram

Sponsored links

on windows I get about 40, but that's after the horrible 7 in the very beginning of it. (how far did you get?)
Uhm... 7-10 fps in the beginning... that's right.
I arrived to the menu, but did not start a game (I incidentally hit load game and in that menu it went to 15 fps, then I quit).

It seems strange to me because the same hardware configuration in 0.9.4 I had garbage in the initial movie, but it played at 50 fps....
First -- run bios through run->execute. Second, never forget to install proprietary graphic's drivers. And last one -- console output usually bigger.
(03-04-2009, 12:39 PM)Zeydlitz Wrote: First -- run bios through run->execute.

I can't : if I do run-> execute I get into the bios, in the browser windows. I see the disc but when I press the cross button on it to play, it simply returns to browser after reading CD.DVDKEY or something like that

Quote:Second, never forget to install proprietary graphic's drivers.

You mean in the OS? If so, I have the latest nvidia installed and working already.

Quote:And last one -- console output usually bigger.

What does it mean? I can't get the console output because the Fuppah error I described is repeated hundreds of times.
I am an Ubuntu user too, and i with revision 668 I can run Final Fantasy XII but it is terrible slow and it is launching all the time the message (in console): "Pcsx2 Foopah! Frozen regs have not been restored!!!"

For me this revision is much stable than the 0.9.6 release, even like this have to say that in windows the emu works 2 times better, mostly because of the plugins SPU-X and GSDX, with zeroOGS you should put some antialiasing if not the game looks really ugly (in GSDX you use internal resolution with similar results and without loose speed almost) and this antialiasing (at least in my computer) eats all the speed.
What you mean with "terrible slow"? Because after I get the Foopah! messagge, mine seems freezed, not slow. Or didi you wait some minutes and eventually the game shows up?

P.s. even for me, compiling the svn version is much more stable than the binary 0.9.6 found on the site
(03-04-2009, 04:44 PM)Abner78 Wrote: What you mean with "terrible slow"? Because after I get the Foopah! messagge, mine seems freezed, not slow. Or didi you wait some minutes and eventually the game shows up?

P.s. even for me, compiling the svn version is much more stable than the binary 0.9.6 found on the site

I am getting this message all the time in the console, and i didn't try to wait too much but at least it shows the intro.
(03-04-2009, 12:04 PM)Abner78 Wrote: Uhm... 7-10 fps in the beginning... that's right.
I arrived to the menu, but did not start a game (I incidentally hit load game and in that menu it went to 15 fps, then I quit).

I chcked the load menu in windows, it was going at 95% for me, but I'm not using the same plugin as you are, it could just be the plugin, but with linux there aren't many options. Have you tried playing it on wine? (just courious)
Not tried with wine... you just gave me an idea.... :-)

However ... just download svn r678 ... but it's compiling anymore....

In file included from microVU.cpp:22:
microVU.h:141: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘mVUreset’
microVU.h:142: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘mVUclose’

Waiting for fixing...