0.9.6 directx
hi
i am running xp. i downloaded pcsx2 0.9.6 and i test it with prince of persia sot, it tells me to update directx, i have dx9 which is the latest for xp, dx10 is not available officially for xp.
i get some gsdx error and it quits.
what do i do?

Sponsored links

you have to download the latest directX november update.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en
WinXP does not support DX10 it's stay to DX9 in addition get the latest DirectX November update.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
directX 9.0c november runtimes web installer
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en

GSdx plugin main page
i believe that gsdx should have a message saying that the person should update directx (then when they click ok it takes them to the websetup's download page {no cancel button}) or the pcsx2 installer should have the updater included in the .msi (so that it updates it while installing pcsx2 Smile)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
We thought of that but the installer would get too big for our liking,plus noobs would complain etc so we didn't
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(03-03-2009, 01:48 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: or the pcsx2 installer should have the updater included in the .msi (so that it updates it while installing pcsx2 Smile)

If you go and look long enough at the microsoft site, you will discover it is illegal to distribute the ms web installer.

We COULD have included the 90 mb dx redistributable though.... yeah right.
well then the first one that i said would be best then Smile (in that case it wouldn't be distributing)

EDIT:
(03-03-2009, 02:24 AM)Krakatos Wrote: We COULD have included the 90 mb dx redistributable though.... yeah right.
yea that would be best if it were an installation cd for pcsx2 Tongue
Windows 7 64bit

C'mon, why would the devs have to bother to include anything when the link to both, the web installer and the 90 mb redistributable, are at the same post with the link to download 0.9.6.

One thing is giving support, and another one is assisting lazyness.
i'm not saying to "assist" lazyness, i'm just saying that the message box instead of allowing the user to cancel updating directx it should take them to the websetup's download page Smile
Windows 7 64bit