0.9.6 slower than previous versions?!
(03-18-2009, 07:58 PM)Bositman Wrote: Yeah and I said just like on the older versions. Meaning with crashes in certain stages,that's why the status is ingame.

Quote: Tekken Tag Tournament PBPX 95201 U PS2 Playable 0.9.4

(it HAS crashed on 0.9.4 on me too, but it does get further (I didn't hit X fast enough)

Sponsored links

Tekken Tag Tournament SCES 50001 Ingame 0.9.6

That's outdated and wrong,obviously the tester didn't test enough to get the crashes in certain stages (we don't test games for hours you know). Anyway,we all know it has random crashes and what you are posting is off-topic. The whole point was that fischkopf reported Tekken Tag to have been broken in 0.9.6 while it worked in 0.9.4/0.9.5 which is wrong,it works exactly the same (and faster).
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(03-18-2009, 08:03 PM)Bositman Wrote: Tekken Tag Tournament SCES 50001 Ingame 0.9.6

That's outdated and wrong,obviously the tester didn't test enough to get the crashes in certain stages (we don't test games for hours you know).

ok, so different encoding, not seen alot of PAL talk here. and not wanting to argue. I crashed TTT in under 4 minutes, with 5 different characters. I still can safely say it gets further in 0.9.4 than 0.9.6 (and no, those crashes aren't random I just can't pinpoint the characters/stages yet but I'm workign on that) I don't have a PAL copy, but if there is a stage patch it will be fully playable (the 2 I know of, are both the Eddie stages, I still have some unknowns, but that's what I've found so far)

it does work better than on the PS3 though, so many kudos to you guys for that (ps3 def. chars crash the game, PS2 gets a disc read error, pcsx2 at least gets ingame where at least a patch will finish off the status from ingame to playable (however temperary, it would work)

but on the right track, TTT IS faster on 0.9.6, there's no denying that.
too bad for me T.T
even though i tried several combinations but the playground version is still much much faster
what are you using on the PG verson as compaired to the 0.9.6 release? maybe you have VUskip enabled on the playground one perhaps?
it's faster even when i use default options for both of them and when i play FF:X the graphics aren't that good in 0.9.6 and sometimes the characters disappear and then appear again and this doesnt happen in in PG