0.9.6 to 0.9.7 slowdown
I really didn't want to have to create a thread for this, but I've been banging my head against the wall for a while now and have no idea what else I can do. I want to try out 0.9.7, but I'm experiencing a drop from near-perfect performance in 0.9.6 to about 40 FPS in 0.9.7, and no combination of settings I've tried out has helped, so I thought I'd post my specs and configuration here and see if anyone has any ideas. Let me know if there's anything relevant I've left out.

Specs:
Intel Core 2 Quad
GeForce 8300 GS
3 GB RAM
Windows XP SP3

0.9.6 configuration (no speed hacks):

[Image: th_PCSX2096.png]

0.9.7 configuration:

[Image: th_PCSX2097.png]
I turned off frame skipping when it did absolutely nothing to help.

Anybody have any ideas what's making 0.9.7 so much slower than 0.9.6?

Sponsored links

0.9.7 emulates things much more accurately than 0.9.6 giving a speed hit. Although many games are even faster (thanks to speed optimizations too), some got slower (for example FFX, it was missing textures and other stuff before so fixing that was an obvious speed hit).
If your game works ok on 0.9.6 and you have speed issues with 0.9.7 I guess you should keep using that (or get beta 1888 which should be faster than 0.9.6 in all cases and more compatible too)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I've mainly been using PCSX2 to play Kingdom Hearts, and while I'm totally happy with 0.9.6 for KH and KHII, I was looking to try out 0.9.7 for improved compatibility with Re:Chain of Memories. But if there's not much to be done for the speed, I'll just keep skipping cutscenes and watching them on Youtube. Beta 1888 sounds like it's worth looking into, but even after spending the day browsing the site, this is the first I've heard of it. Where might I find it?
http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/downloads/list
Select deprecated downloads ( Tongue ) But please don't expect support for old versions
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
I tried 1888 out. It's totally broken with Kingdom Hearts (but that's what my 0.9.6 installation is for), but it works beautifully with Re:Chain of Memories. Thanks for the advice!