0.9.7. CPU options?
xcyper33:
Software like setfsb sets the PLL provided FSB clock only.
The mainboard chipsets however need to be adjusted for certain levels of PLL clocks.
This is done via tables in the BIOS, which that uses to initialize everything on a reboot.

That's why you're getting weird timers and problems.

Sponsored links

I'm going to go ahead a post an update. I managed to overclock my settings through Bios and yes you're most likely right it was the timings, I followed this guide which shares almost exactly my specs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOuzx0PacZs

Afterwards I turned my fps up to 60 for FFXII (since its a NTCS game) and its running at the same speeds it was running at 45 when I OC'd using setfsb. I'm going to now test other games like Counterstrike, Dragon Age and see if I can see a difference, brb.
Oh and btw I OC'd to 3.00 GHz, the same settings I use with setfsb, from my E2200 2.20 GHz CPU. That isn't a huge OC is it?
-SPECS-
i5 3570K Ivy Bridge OC'd 4.5Ghz
GTX 760
16GB DDR3
GA-Z77X-UD3H
CM Hyper 212+
Past year, I usually used "setfsb" to overclock my CPU from 2.8ghz to 3.2ghz. Speed improved like +10%, but months later one of my RAM cards started to give me problems (blue screens, fails when extracting compressed files, etc). Then I used the warranty to change that RAM (luckily, it was free Laugh).
I'm not totally sure if that problem was only because of "setfsb", but be careful about using it. I'm not going to use it again. My computer's health is more important than 5fps. XDDD
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F Gaming WiFi
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz CL30 DDR5
Monitor: Asus PG278QR
Ok I came across a number of problems, when I OC'd to 3.00 GHz it was unstable, I had ALOT of built up dust in my computer, and me and my dad went out and cleaned the dust out of my computer/heatsink/graphics card. At 1st my computer was running very hot between 75-80C while running PCSX2 and the GC emu, but now after I cleaned it I get about 55-60C at most, all of this before I re-apply thermal paste. So after I reapply what do you think my temps are going to be like?
-SPECS-
GTX 760
16GB DDR3
GA-Z77X-UD3H
CM Hyper 212+
depends on what you will use. but dont expect great differences, at best 2-5c if you use a very good thermal paste.
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
(06-09-2010, 08:25 PM)iakoboss7 Wrote: depends on what you will use. but dont expect great differences, at best 2-5c if you use a very good thermal paste.

Thats good enough Laugh.

Also...while running the emu at the VERY most the temp goes to 63, it usually hovers around 59 for 1st core and 60-62 on 2nd core. If things are absolutely hectic it goes to 63. Is that good?

And, I also noticed that I'm getting great speeds with the high-end emulators without going to 3.00 GHz. I OC'd to 2.66, and that seems to be good enough, I don't notice any difference.
-SPECS-
GTX 760
16GB DDR3
GA-Z77X-UD3H
CM Hyper 212+
an emulator is not a benchmark or stress test. use intel burn test or prime95
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
(06-06-2010, 11:55 AM)xcyper33 Wrote: LOL oh WOW. 0.9.7 doesn't even start up FFXII. No thank you, I'll stick to the superior 1888.

just finished FFXII..maybe its your pc or your configs.Cool
[Image: 14400006.gif]

Blink hey am i under surveillance?
Please xcypher33, understand consoles uses a totally different approach than the PC regarding the video output. Those PAL and NTSC are TV standards and PS2 is bond to them, it means it syncs with 50 FPS for PAL and 60 FPS for NTSC, anything out these ranges are faster or slower. That is the reason FPS limit exist and is the reason they are defaulted to those values.

Some speed hacks may mask it and you'll see the game slowdown the action even when the FPS is in the range or, conversely, the game flows smooth when beneath the nominal framerate, still it's because the hacking and not the TV standard was changed. Sometimes it is just nice and well, other times that may break the game.
Imagination is where we are truly real