0.9.7. CPU options?
(06-07-2010, 02:50 PM)soraeon Wrote: xcyper33 u are not correct at all man, or u are a little boy who thiks he knows everything, pal games are runing on 50 fps and ntsc on 60 fps, so if u played your ff12 on 45 than u played it slow but u think its perfect, so better listen to this nice folks here on the forums if u want help cause they know much more than u do. if u chek everywhere else u will see that sony 2 games are on 50 fps for pal and 60 fps for ntsc. and btw 0.9.7 is easier for use and faster than r1888.

Wrooong. On any normal circumstance you'd be right, but I use setfsb to boost my CPU speed up to 3.3 GHz for my dual core E2200 processor. For SOME odd reason it sends any game I play in 'turbo mode' meaning that everything looks like it is played in fast fowards. This means if I set my frame rate to 50 the speed will go into turbo mode, so I have to bring it down about 5 frames to keep normal speeds.
-SPECS-
i5 3570K Ivy Bridge OC'd 4.5Ghz
GTX 760
16GB DDR3
GA-Z77X-UD3H
CM Hyper 212+

Sponsored links

I'm amazed this hasn't been locked yet.
(06-07-2010, 03:42 PM)xcyper33 Wrote:
(06-07-2010, 02:50 PM)soraeon Wrote: xcyper33 u are not correct at all man, or u are a little boy who thiks he knows everything, pal games are runing on 50 fps and ntsc on 60 fps, so if u played your ff12 on 45 than u played it slow but u think its perfect, so better listen to this nice folks here on the forums if u want help cause they know much more than u do. if u chek everywhere else u will see that sony 2 games are on 50 fps for pal and 60 fps for ntsc. and btw 0.9.7 is easier for use and faster than r1888.

Wrooong. On any normal circumstance you'd be right, but I use setfsb to boost my CPU speed up to 3.3 GHz for my dual core E2200 processor. For SOME odd reason it sends any game I play in 'turbo mode' meaning that everything looks like it is played in fast fowards. This means if I set my frame rate to 50 the speed will go into turbo mode, so I have to bring it down about 5 frames to keep normal speeds.

there is no way this is happening...
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
(06-07-2010, 02:50 PM)soraeon Wrote: and btw 0.9.7 is easier for use and faster than r1888.

Easier to use I agree on. Had a little problem finding some of the settings at first, but once I knew where they were was much better.

Faster though, don't know about that. I was hitting constant 50fps on FFX (limited to that because of PAL), if I made frames unlimited was 80+ constantly. With this though, it struggles to get to 50, and during intense scenes I've seen it at low 20s. Tried setting my overclock a little higher (3.5GHz @ 1.46V) but to no avail. In its defence though, I haven't played around with the settings too much or palyed any other games. I'm sure the settings I have atm will be fine for other games, and once I've found the sweet spot it will be as good as previous versions were
Mobo: Asus M4A79XTD EVO
CPU: AMD 720BE @3.4GHz @ 1.4V
Memory: 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz
Graphics: EVGA GTX 260 @700/1500/1100
HDD: 500GB Samsung F3 + 500GB Storage
@Aastii
I assure you that it is MUCH faster than 0.9.6,the games that were lagging all the way on 0.9.6,are now running smoothly on 0.9.7.
(06-07-2010, 04:13 PM)l[Shady]l Wrote: @Aastii
I assure you that it is MUCH faster than 0.9.6,the games that were lagging all the way on 0.9.6,are now running smoothly on 0.9.7.

oh I don't doubt it. When it is working properly, it seems much much smoother and sounds much better, however from what I have seen so far, it doesn't handle intense scenes too well.

but like I said, I haven't played with it much, so I probably have terrible settings for the game at the moment

=EDIT=

for instance I am still playing FFX while posting here and just hit a whole 16 fps while a boss exploded. For the 18 hours gameplay so far that was on 0.9.6, I didn't drop off 50
yeah, same here too. :/
can't seem to get fullspeed. the weird thing is that it looks like speedhacks and frameskip don't work, because whatever i set the frameskip no frame is skipped in 0.9.7, and whatever speedhack i set no matter what it look like i'm using none. no offense to coders, your work is awesome. it's just that i can't seem to fix this problem. oh whatever...
while in 1888 i set frameskip to ''2 draw'' and ''4 skip''(hardly noticable) and this keeps fps full(VERY noticable Tongue)
[Image: signaturel.jpg]
FFX was missing lots of things that were NOT being drawn in beta 1888 like the black hair etc. That got fixed in 0.9.7, so yes more stuff to render= lower speeds.

Quote:Wrooong. On any normal circumstance you'd be right, but I use setfsb to boost my CPU speed up to 3.3 GHz for my dual core E2200 processor. For SOME odd reason it sends any game I play in 'turbo mode' meaning that everything looks like it is played in fast fowards.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Overclocking your processor cannot have any kind of impact on a limiter enabled PCSX2 gameplay. The only thing it WILL do is make it run faster if it was NOT hitting the limiter FPS, so if you were getting 40 fps it might get you to the whole 50 which is proper full speed. No, that is not turbo mode, it is normal speed. Anything less is less than full speed.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Its true. I don't understand why its so unbelievable.
(06-07-2010, 09:06 PM)Bositman Wrote: FFX was missing lots of things that were NOT being drawn in beta 1888 like the black hair etc. That got fixed in 0.9.7, so yes more stuff to render= lower speeds.

Quote:Wrooong. On any normal circumstance you'd be right, but I use setfsb to boost my CPU speed up to 3.3 GHz for my dual core E2200 processor. For SOME odd reason it sends any game I play in 'turbo mode' meaning that everything looks like it is played in fast fowards.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Overclocking your processor cannot have any kind of impact on a limiter enabled PCSX2 gameplay. The only thing it WILL do is make it run faster if it was NOT hitting the limiter FPS, so if you were getting 40 fps it might get you to the whole 50 which is proper full speed. No, that is not turbo mode, it is normal speed. Anything less is less than full speed.
If that is the case, I guess 50 fps being super fast IS PS2's normal speed, but I guess since that is true I'd rather play at a slower more 'normal' atleast to me speed. Because playing at 50 fps does make it run too fast. I can prove it to you too.
-SPECS-
i5 3570K Ivy Bridge OC'd 4.5Ghz
GTX 760
16GB DDR3
GA-Z77X-UD3H
CM Hyper 212+
(06-07-2010, 09:06 PM)Bositman Wrote: FFX was missing lots of things that were NOT being drawn in beta 1888 like the black hair etc. That got fixed in 0.9.7, so yes more stuff to render= lower speeds.

That would make sense then. I know this sounds very lazy, but is there a simple way to decrease the work that must be done? I don't mind it hindering graphics too much, sound I'd be bothered about, but a bit of a graphics dip wouldn't be too bad.

[/quote]

Its true. I don't understand why its so unbelievable.

If that is the case, I guess 50 fps being super fast IS PS2's normal speed, but I guess since that is true I'd rather play at a slower more 'normal' atleast to me speed. Because playing at 50 fps does make it run too fast. I can prove it to you too.
[/quote]

50fps is not too fast, 50 fps is the correct speed for PAL games. You may have got used to it running at 45 so the extra 5 fps makes it seems too quick, but like has been said to you, it is a fact that 50 fps is the native speed for PAL games