0.9.7 - Dragon Quest VIII - Setup Suggestions
kid86:
Press F9 in those scenes. It's a GSdx hardware rendering problem and won't get solved for a while.

Sponsored links

This game is the reason I want to buy a PS2 again.
yes! f9 worked. thanks a lot. although it became slower it's fine with me as long as i can understand the story of the game much better.
(06-08-2010, 03:48 PM)rama Wrote: Yeah, your CPU is too slow currently. A 3Ghz dual core is recommended
but you only have a 2.4Ghz quadcore (the 2 extra cores are useless for PCSX2).

Option 1: Try to fix the worst slowdowns with speedhacks.
Option 2: Overclock the CPU, if you feel up to it Tongue2

Just curious. What speed would be needed exactly? I too have a Q6600 only mine is overclocked to 3.2Ghz. I get full speed in buildings and when facing certain directions in wide open spaces like the first town and the world map but otherwise, I will lose about 10-15FPS. Speedhacks don't make much of a difference other than correcting the "phased" sound from time stretching.

I saw a video which I assume is yours: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXzDTh3ijJ8
...and you don't seem to have that problem. Do you really need 4Ghz or more for this particular game?
3.2Ghz is fast enough to keep full 60fps most of the time.
In some more demanding scenes even my machine drops below 60 though.
That's really to be expected of more demanding games.

Videos recorded directly via PCSX2 are speed normalized to always full speed,
no matter how fast it ran while recording.
Oh ok. That makes perfect sense. I'll just continue to play it as is for now. If the framerate drops become too cumbersome, I'll just start over again and play it on my actual PS2.