0.9.7 beta on Ubuntu 10.04x64
I used getlibs to install all of the dependencies.

I can start the program and the "This is a beta build" etc pops up and then when i click okay it crashes out saying

Code:
@anonymous-desktop:/home/anonymous/Desktop/pcsx2# ./pcsx2
/usr/lib/gio/modules/libgioremote-volume-monitor.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgioremote-volume-monitor.so
/usr/lib/gio/modules/libgiogconf.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgiogconf.so
/usr/lib/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so
./pcsx2: relocation error: ./pcsx2: symbol _ZN12wxSizerFlags24ReserveSpaceEvenIfHiddenEv, version WXU_2.8.8 not defined in file libwx_gtk2u_core-2.8.so.0 with link time reference

anyone know what i can do?

Sponsored links

if you are using a windows vista or 7 run as admin lunix or any other system i dont whathe hell you should do
i'm running ubuntu gnu/linux 10.04 64 bit.
will ask alinux user
This thread should help you but keep in mind that pcsx2 won't work properly (even if at all) on a 64bit install.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Lin...9-06-01-10

The Wx error is related to this specific part:

Quote:Also, the new GUI is in wxwidgets, so you'll need wxgtk installed. 2.8.8+ is required.
If you are using Ubuntu or Debian and need a newer version (Ubuntu Hardy or earlier, Debian Lenny or earlier), follow the steps here.
Gtk+ is still needed, but wxwidgets depends on it, so that's already covered.
Athlon II x2 245 (@3.6Ghz), 6gb DDR3 1333, GeForce GTS250 2gb Ram, Linux Mint 12 32bit.
yea i went through that website and i installed the 64 bit, but getlibs couldnt find the 32 bit version so i downloaded the 32 bit version from

http://packages.debian.org/sid/i386/libw...0/download

Code:
cd /tmp
sudo dpkg -i --force-architecture libwxgtk2*

and it's working just fine now so far. ill come back with an update if i come across another problem. basically gunna document my progress here. maybe it'll help someone else.
(08-19-2010, 01:26 AM)spwnt Wrote: i'm running ubuntu gnu/linux 10.04 64 bit.

You're more brave than I am, I can't muster the courage to upgrade my old Hardy box to jump into Lucid x64, even though I have Lucid running on a lower spec rig along with Xubuntu(for testing purposes) and I lorve Ubuntu.
[Image: sig01.jpg?t=1282269242]
Photo 
now i've come across a new problem. i've gotten the emulator up and running but the image is distorted, the color is off, and the audio is horribly scratchy and cant even get past the bios before it freezes.

[Image: 41270224.jpg][Image: 15592057.jpg][Image: 57167184.jpg][Image: 73259878.jpg][Image: 21774144.jpg]
any ideas?
That's good to hear! This wiki section might be helpful http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/wiki/Chro...tatusLinux

EDIT: What are your full hardware specs? Do you have your gfx card drivers installed?
On the audio part, try changing the plugin setting to Async Mix instead of Timestretch.

I was never able to run the original beta version on my system without pcsx2 crashing after a few minutes, the later svn builds are pretty stable tough.
Athlon II x2 245 (@3.6Ghz), 6gb DDR3 1333, GeForce GTS250 2gb Ram, Linux Mint 12 32bit.
(08-19-2010, 03:15 AM)spwnt Wrote: now i've come across a new problem. i've gotten the emulator up and running but the image is distorted, the color is off, and the audio is horribly scratchy and cant even get past the bios before it freezes.

Have you tried using other plugins?
[Image: sig01.jpg?t=1282269242]