0.9.8 Game Database not found
Hi. I just got the newest version, 0.9.8, and I noticed in the log on startup it says "(GameDB) Database Not Found! [C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.7\GameIndex.dbf]" I'm not sure why it would point to a file in a 0.9.7 folder. It doesn't even exist. Is there a way to manually point the program to look in the correct folder for the database?

Sponsored links

I'd say the problem comes from your inis in "my documents"
erase or edit pcsx2.ini
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
C:\Program Files (x86)....

From now on, get used to install every game far away those non blessed "specially protected folders", create something like

C:\Games

And install all games there, even the games for PC, almost obligatory if it is a moddable game or use plugins.

PS: Refraction is right about the actual problem, but you should take seriously the above advice, it can spare you many headaches in near future.

Enjoy you are initiating anew, uninstall from that accursed folder and install somewhere else.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(05-03-2011, 05:53 AM)jesalvein Wrote: I'd say the problem comes from your inis in "my documents"
erase or edit pcsx2.ini

Thanks for the help. I looked at the .ini files but couldn't find anything pointing to the database file. I deleted them anyways just to be sure, and I got the same error. Also is there a way to prevent any files being created in My Documents? I'd rather just keep it all in the same folder as the program.
Uh... you installed PCSX2 0.9.8 in the old 0.9.7 folder?

I suggest you use the binary package and just place the folder in a folder like C:\PCSX2 instead.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-0-9...ows-Binary
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I had this problem.

At first install it also tried looking for the database in 0.9.7 location; despite 0.9.8 being in a completely different location and 0.9.7 being uninstalled.

I uninstalled and reinstalled PCSX2 (mainly because I had installed it to program files, and I wanted it in another location), which fixed the problem.

No, I didn't install it in an old 0.9.7 folder, but that is where it was looking for the database file. It's odd. I used the web installer, and put it in ...user/me/games/pcsx2 0.9.8. I will be uninstalling it later today, and reinstalling. Hopefully that will fix it.

(05-03-2011, 06:34 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Uh... you installed PCSX2 0.9.8 in the old 0.9.7 folder?

I suggest you use the binary package and just place the folder in a folder like C:\PCSX2 instead.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-0-9...ows-Binary

Thanks! I will be uninstalling and reinstalling too. Hopefully it will fix the problem on my end too.

(05-03-2011, 12:15 PM)Ge-Force Wrote: I had this problem.

At first install it also tried looking for the database in 0.9.7 location; despite 0.9.8 being in a completely different location and 0.9.7 being uninstalled.

I uninstalled and reinstalled PCSX2 (mainly because I had installed it to program files, and I wanted it in another location), which fixed the problem.

Not granted to work in this specific case but you should consider running a register cleaner, like the CCleaner application.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(05-03-2011, 09:19 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Not granted to work in this specific case but you should consider running a register cleaner, like the CCleaner application.

Ahh good idea. I could use a cleaning anyways even if this doesn't work Smile