0.9.8 Multiple Version Settings
Hey all,

First...let me state my undying love for all the developers of not just PCSX2 but all emulator developers. You guys all do an amazing job.

Now...I did do MULTIPLE searches on this but couldn't really find an answer so hence the new thread. It's entirely possible this is a really easy question or it's fairly hard.

on 0.9.7, I had the ability to install the program to 2 different locations and utilize each with a different GPU plugin setting (ie...hardware rendering vs Software). Now the reason I did this is so when I launch a certain game (via GameBrowser in Windows Media Center), it would point to the correct 0.9.7 folder for launching. I did this because some games obviously need hardware rendering and some need software.

Now in 0.9.8, you can only seem to default to ONE ini directory. I checked the registry entries and saw that I can change the default directory and that's great...but I'd almost need a 2ND registry entry for the other installed version of 0.9.8. 0.9.7 doesn't seem to write a registry entry so it just utilizes whatever folder you've installed to. For 0.9.7, I installed one to Program Files and the other to another hard drive. So as much as I'd love for 0.9.8 to recognize which game it is, and set the plugin settings accordingly, I doubt that is going to happen.

Does anyone know of ANYWAY that I can setup my system to work with 2 installed versions of 0.9.8 so they don't use the same INI folder? Registry hacks? etc? Please?

My rig:
P55-FTW MB
Intel I5-750 OC to 4.2
8 GB DDR3-1600
ATI Radeon 5770 1 GB

Sponsored links

You can use the binary package to use different folders wih different settings:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-0-9...ows-Binary
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(05-10-2011, 02:59 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: You can use the binary package to use different folders wih different settings:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-0-9...ows-Binary

See!!! Easy answer! Thank you very much. I was going a bit crazy there thinking I missed something simple, and alas...I did!

Thanks again!