1.4.0 : Force 60hz on PAL?
Hello guys!
I'm french and even if I understand english, there are some games that I still like to play in french, nostalgia and everything Tongue2
Unfortunately french games are PAL, and PAL games are 50hz as you know, which is horrible, but on previous versions of PCSX, I could force PAL games to run at 60hz by changing this line in PCSX2_vm.ini :

FrameratePAL=50.00
to
FrameratePAL=59.94

It usually worked quite well, just a few freeze in some cutscenes but it was way better than 50hz.
Problem is, this doesn't work anymore in PCSX2 1.4.0, when I change it, it always go back to 50hz, I even tried to set PCSX2_vm.ini to read only but that still doesn't work.
Anyone have an idea?

Thanks!

Sponsored links

Just as info,1.4.0 read\writes settings in "inis_1.4.0",not in inis like always till now.
If you use the betas,then it's in inis but the official 1.4.0 is in inis_1.4.0
(01-16-2016, 06:56 AM)vsub Wrote: Just as info,1.4.0 read\writes settings in "inis_1.4.0",not in inis like always till now.
If you use the betas,then it's in inis but the official 1.4.0 is in inis_1.4.0

Yes, that's the one I edited, PCSX2_vm.ini in the inis_1.4.0 Folder, but everytime I launch PCSX2, it's still 50 =/
Hmm,works fine here.
I just changed FrameratePAL to 59.94 in pcsx2\inis_1.4.0\PCSX2_vm.ini and then started pcsx2 and PAL game
If you remove the fps limit(F4),can you get more than 50fps(I'm asking you to try it now)
Yes with F4 I can get higher framerate than 50, it's weird
And everytime I launch PCSX2, it resets my settings in the ini
Umm you are changing the ini while pcsx2 is not running right?

And btw I think I found a bug.
If you set the "Base Framerate Adjust" to anything,pcsx2 will ignore it until you press Tab twice and any change you did to it while a game is running,pcsx2 will also ignore it until you press tab twice.

If nothing else help,you can set the base framerate to 120% to get 60fps(after pressing tab twice)
Use it on turbo mode to get more fps. Press tab(not twice) to activate.
(01-16-2016, 04:47 PM)PCSX2PS2 Wrote: Use it on turbo mode to get more fps. Press tab(not twice) to activate.

That will double is game speed. NO
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(01-16-2016, 05:12 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: That will double is game speed. NO

Maybe he mean to set the turbo speed to 120% instead of 200% and in that way he can switch between normal(50fps)and 60fps with the Tab key
I just use constant frameskipping at 1/2 or 2/2 to get better speed with tab button pressed.