1.4.0 - Unable to open any games/boot to system screen
(12-04-2018, 07:23 AM)gtgamer468 Wrote: Just saying, how much coding needs to be done for the emulator to become not dependable on version 9, but rather newer versions like 11?

I am not sure how to read that.
PCSX2 is not dependable to specific DX version and the DX installation is not DX9/10/11/12 only,it's all in one including other libraries
SPU2-X requires dx libraries to use XAudio2
Lilypad also need part of DX,DX is not just for video

Sponsored links

What I meant in that post is that when is it possible to remove support for older DirectX without breaking the emulator (9 at least). Apparently, it would be around version 1.6. I know that the emulator now utilize both DirectX and OpenGL for gsdx. I was just wondering when it would be optimized.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
(12-03-2018, 01:02 AM)minitick Wrote: OpenGL (hardware) works okay (didn't try that before. My mistake). DX11 and DX9, both hardware and software, both fail.

Although my problem is fixed, I'm curious: is having DX12 on my machine potentially causing this issue?

P.S. thanks for the suggestion.

Hi , im having the exact same problem that your facing , but i have an 8600k and a gtx 1080 , which refuses to boot to system  and straights force closes no matter what what settings i used. i tried to use the emulator on a  different PC with a 1050ti and a i5 4590 , it was able to boot in to the system . May i know how did u fix the problem ?

EDIT : Problem was solved by using version 1.5.0 Dev Build , almost instantly