[1.5.0] Sly-games widescsreen patches
(03-26-2020, 07:13 PM)Devina Wrote: What was the other game you tried? Sounds like it's a general widescreen issue rather than Sly.

Try downloading my archive (link in my sig) and extracting the cheats_ws folder into the PCSX2 root directory. Keep in mind, cheats and cheats_ws should be separate folders in the root directory, don't put cheats_ws in the cheats folder.

In PCSX2, System > Enable Widescreen Patches. Do a fresh game (don't load from save state).

Toggle F6 to change aspect ratios and look at the log and it should confirm the hacks are loaded like this:

[Image: DajgP8p.png]

I don't see anything wrong about the patch you made above.
F1 2002 was the other game. It found the hack but it doesnt do anything?:
Code:
Not found Cheats file: C:\Users\Jim\Desktop\pcsx2\cheats\8164C614.pnach
Overall 0 Cheats loaded
Found Widescreen hacks file: '8164C614.pnach'
comment: Widescreen Hack
Loaded 1 Widescreen hacks from '8164C614.pnach' at 'C:\Users\Jim\Desktop\pcsx2\cheats_ws'
Overall 1 Widescreen hacks loaded
Found widescreen patches in the cheats_ws folder --> skipping cheats_ws.zip
Found widescreen patches in the cheats_ws folder --> skipping cheats_ws.zip

Sponsored links

I just tried Sly 3 NTSC-U and the patch seems to be working.

4:3

16:9

Just in case, can you start a new game and don't move?
If you see torches on both sides, then it means widescreen is working.
(03-26-2020, 10:02 PM)Devina Wrote: I just tried Sly 3 NTSC-U and the patch seems to be working.

4:3

16:9

Just in case, can you start a new game and don't move?
If you see torches on both sides, then it means widescreen is working.
I didnt move the character or the camera at all. this just gets more weird...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

damn it
Yeah, this has really got me stumped... there's basically two mysteries.

1) Why the FOV of your game is different by default
2) Why the patches aren't having any effect (they're being loaded by shown by the log)

This makes me wonder if you're using a very special version of the game which has a different FOV address for some reason.

I tried that build and I got widescreen working. Try other games if you have them. I would also recommend trying build dev 3000 here:

https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php?m=fulllist

Maybe you're using an .iso ripper which manipulates the game data somehow.

https://www.psx-place.com/resources/ps2-...ngine.694/

You could try hard patching the game .iso with the .pnach file using this program.

On the plus side, your FOV isn't *that* bad, it's just a slightly zoomed in version of my 16:9 version.

I also think Cheat Engine might work for certain games (not all of them) so if you have any other games you really want in widescreen, I could see if I can make it Cheat Engine compatible.
(03-28-2020, 01:11 AM)Devina Wrote: Yeah, this has really got me stumped... there's basically two mysteries.

1) Why the FOV of your game is different by default
2) Why the patches aren't having any effect (they're being loaded by shown by the log)

This makes me wonder if you're using a very special version of the game which has a different FOV address for some reason.

I tried that build and I got widescreen working. Try other games if you have them. I would also recommend trying build dev 3000 here:

https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php?m=fulllist

Maybe you're using an .iso ripper which manipulates the game data somehow.

https://www.psx-place.com/resources/ps2-...ngine.694/

You could try hard patching the game .iso with the .pnach file using this program.

On the plus side, your FOV isn't *that* bad, it's just a slightly zoomed in version of my 16:9 version.

I also think Cheat Engine might work for certain games (not all of them) so if you have any other games you really want in widescreen, I could see if I can make it Cheat Engine compatible.
So i tried F1 06, Sly 1,2,3 and Crash bandicoot wrath of vortex and all had the same thing: its stretched in 16:9 but not that much?

Build dev 3000 and patching the game .iso was the samething