[1.5.0] Sly-games widescsreen patches
(03-26-2020, 02:31 PM)jesalvein Wrote: mayber the widescreen patch is faulty.
you could try correcting it ?
Do you have any links to instructions? im not very familiar with these things

Sponsored links

1st post here : https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wi...me-Patches
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-26-2020, 02:53 PM)jesalvein Wrote: 1st post here : https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wi...me-Patches
I tried to create a patch using cheat engine but i couldnt find the value for it... this is a real pain in the ass
Seems you have a weird situation where the .iso has a CRC of 00000000, so rename the pnach 00000000.pnach and check the log to see if it loads the patch. Hopefully this is a one time CRC thing.
(03-26-2020, 04:49 PM)Devina Wrote: Seems you have a weird situation where the .iso has a CRC of 00000000, so rename the pnach 00000000.pnach and check the log to see if it loads the patch. Hopefully this is a one time CRC thing.
didnt work neither. it loaded 8164c614.pnach from the cheats_ws.zip and not the 0000000.
Delete cheats_ws.zip in the root folder so it will be forced to load manual individual patches from the cheats_ws folder.

Also be sure the number of 0s is correct (should be 8 of them), if you're missing a 0 or have an extra one, it won't find it.
(03-26-2020, 05:21 PM)Devina Wrote: Delete cheats_ws.zip in the root folder so it will be forced to load manual individual patches from the cheats_ws folder.

Also be sure the number of 0s is correct (should be 8 of them), if you're missing a 0 or have an extra one, it won't find it.
it just doesnt see it? I also tried a no motin blur patch named 8164C614, wich worked fine.
Sometimes, some people accidentally have multiple installations of PCSX2. One may be in desktop, one may be in Program Files, one may be in My Documents. Make sure everything's in the same directory.

I recommend trying widescreen for other games and seeing if they work.

If the motion blur patch works, then I would find it, edit it in notepad, add this line and save:

patch=1,EE,00166804,word,3c014455

Also, as silly as it may seem, it's possible that widescreen is already working. I notice the Sly games have a wide FOV by default. Judging by that screenshot, it doesn't look super stretched or anything. I would tick off "Enable widescreen patches" before booting the game, load a 3D level in the game, then turn it on and see if the FOV narrows.
(03-26-2020, 05:48 PM)Devina Wrote: Sometimes, some people accidentally have multiple installations of PCSX2. One may be in desktop, one may be in Program Files, one may be in My Documents. Make sure everything's in the same directory.

I recommend trying widescreen for other games and seeing if they work.

If the motion blur patch works, then I would find it, edit it in notepad, add this line and save:

Also, as silly as it may seem, it's possible that widescreen is already working. I notice the Sly games have a wide FOV by default. Judging by that screenshot, it doesn't look super stretched or anything. I would tick off "Enable widescreen patches" before booting the game, load a 3D level in the game, then turn it on and see if the FOV narrows.
So, i checked for multiple installations, tried the american version of sly and some other game, and enabled widescreen patches while in game but no luck.

Are the lines in blur patch supposed to be different like so:
Code:
gametitle=Sly 3 (PAL-M11) [SCES-53409]
comment=No Motion Blur by Meos

//No Motion Blur
patch=1,EE,201837D8,extended,00000000
What was the other game you tried? Sounds like it's a general widescreen issue rather than Sly.

Try downloading my archive (link in my sig) and extracting the cheats_ws folder into the PCSX2 root directory. Keep in mind, cheats and cheats_ws should be separate folders in the root directory, don't put cheats_ws in the cheats folder.

In PCSX2, System > Enable Widescreen Patches. Do a fresh game (don't load from save state).

Toggle F6 to change aspect ratios and look at the log and it should confirm the hacks are loaded like this:

[Image: DajgP8p.png]

I don't see anything wrong about the patch you made above.