1.5.0 roadmap
Question 
When could 1.5.0 become stable? I'm only curiousĀ  Smile

Sponsored links

Only time will tell.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
We've not long released a stable build, it's usually a year or two before we release another one.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Technically a stable 1.5.0
1/ is already released
2/ will never be release
(it is up to you, how you want to play with words Wink )

SW development is composed of 2 main cycles : coding new feature, stabilize code. The latter is useless if you don't have time to do the former Wink
OK, I roger that. If there won't be a stable release coming soon, how about implementing auto-update to the development releases? So that we can test the release without worrying about messing with configs and having to check the release page so often Smile
We don't auto-update development builds because they have the potential to completely break it, then you are stuck without the emulator and you would have to manually download a working version Wink

(05-23-2016, 01:56 PM)refraction Wrote: We don't auto-update development builds because they have the potential to completely break it, then you are stuck without the emulator and you would have to manually download a working version Wink

Makes sense. Sorry for creating the second thread. I though that it's a different topic.
No problem, it was already being discussed here and kind of relevant Smile

But are you aware that you could download binary build of latest dev? You don't need to download every release.

Otherwise there are daily PPA build on Linux with automatic upgrade.
(05-23-2016, 01:56 PM)refraction Wrote: We don't auto-update development builds because they have the potential to completely break it, then you are stuck without the emulator and you would have to manually download a working version Wink

That's dumb. Dolphin managed to do that without breaking or, at least, reducing the chance of such. I wonder what is unique about it that can't be done here.