1.7.0 And Controller plugins.
Exclamation 
I've noticed that as of Dev build 500 of 1.7.0 and onwards there has been a push for ease of use; 
and seemingly a less modular approach to PCSX2. While this has it's benefits and problems; the biggest
issue I have is the choice to fully dedicate all input to Lilypad.
While Lilypad works quite well; my problem is that it isn't really the most efficient in terms of interface/usability.
While the benefit of having DirectInput is great; we lack things such as

Code:
-Individual axis deadzone and sensitivity configuration
-Ability to have Xinput controllers automatically configured/mapped on the fly
-Linearity control for axis
-Support for different controller types such as Steering wheels or flightsticks
-Ability to disable polling of direct input devices (This seems like a weird one; but for end users who have not uninstalled Corsair software, or similarly intrusive input driver software; this will fix things like freezing and crashing when opening up lilypad.)

Overall I've been sticking with this fork of Pokopom: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Pokopom-...Pad-Plugin

If we could at least get the option to choose between the two; that would be great. Obviously the ideal route would be an upgrade to Lilypad or a complete replacement; but that isn't the most feasible right now I assume.

It's a shame to see the modular approach go away; but from what I've read I can understand why the choice was made. Ultimately I just hope to see a new and improved input plugin.

Sponsored links

You can control dead zone etc, if you highlight the one you want to change in the list of appears on the right
Xinput controllers come configured by default
Steering wheels are USB not controllers and we have support for those
Why can't you disable direct input? You can untick it.

As for the others they are possibly valid, I suggest making an issue on our github as a feature request
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(01-28-2021, 03:36 AM)refraction Wrote: You can control dead zone etc, if you highlight the one you want to change in the list of appears on the right
Xinput controllers come configured by default

Why can't you disable direct input? You can untick it.

As for the others they are possibly valid, I suggest making an issue on our github as a feature request

I see I've made a lot of oversights here... far too many...

The one thing I will note is that for some reason Direct Input re-enables itself constantly; though that might be an issue on my end.
Another thing to note; is that while X-input is binded automatically; there is no simple way to change which Xinput controller it is using;
so if for some reason my primary controller is set to Xinput 2; I can not change that without redoing all my binds. My computer is setup
as essentially a parsec "arcade" machine, so ease of setup is important to me.

I still believe a redesign in the far future might be a good idea? Maybe a menu that actually lets you test how analog sticks preform with
deadzone settings?

I'm disappointed that I missed the USB function... I always passed it off to be something unrelated and I guess I never checked.

I apologize for lack of research it seems on my end. I will create a thread on github later tonight.
Is there way to use now Nuvee USB plugin to emulate light gun with mouse being as controller for like Time Crisis games? Could you please enable support for light gun emulation with mouse aim, if the possibility of using plugin meant for it has been removed?
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go