1.7 dev slower than 1.6
Hello,
I keep monitoring new builds 1.7 dev to see if there are any improvements in performance, but I see that it is quite the opposite. the 1.6 remains the most efficient today. especially in hardware mode. Are there any improvements to come before the release of version 1.8? Thank you for your efforts

Sponsored links

You're not the first person to report this, which led to me and others testing this performance "regression" just yesterday Tongue.
We came to the conclusion that yes, 1.7 is slower, but this is due to it also being more accurate. Choosing "VU Kickstart" also seems to migate the difference in some games, though I may not be 100% right on this.
But even with the very slightly decreased performance, any decent PC should still run the Emu fine. So if you are on a potato, staying on 1.6 is what's recommended Laugh.
(12-06-2020, 12:11 AM)Fabs™ Wrote: You're not the first person to report this, which led to me and others testing this performance "regression" just yesterday Tongue.
We came to the conclusion that yes, 1.7 is slower, but this is due to it also being more accurate. Choosing "VU Kickstart" also seems to migate the difference in some games, though I may not be 100% right on this.
But even with the very slightly decreased performance, any decent PC should still run the Emu fine. So if you are on a potato, staying on 1.6 is what's recommended Laugh.

To read your answer, we have to change computers with each new build .. which is hardly convincing. Very professional as an answer, thank you anyway
This emu aims at accuracy, not performance.
So, what you get with your pc is pretty expected
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-06-2020, 12:44 AM)Ramy Wrote: To read your answer, we have to change computers with each new build .. which is hardly convincing. Very professional as an answer, thank you anyway

You can have infinite amount of 1.7 builds if you keep them separate folder and copy over stuff.The stable version as well if you pick portable/binaries, not the normal installation. You can then easily test differences but most likely the more recent the build the slower it is if you compare it to older builds.
(12-06-2020, 01:12 AM)RedDevilus Wrote: You can have infinite amount of 1.7 builds if you keep them separate folder and copy over stuff.The stable version as well if you pick portable/binaries, not the normal installation. You can then easily test differences but most likely the more recent the build the slower it is if you compare it to older builds.

I understand perfectly yes, but I compare for example version 1.4 with 1.6, it is the reverse of your explanation, the 1.6 is much better than the 1.4, in precision and in performance, so I thought that the progress of builds goes to this context.

in my opinion you have so accumulated the options of the gsdx in a single plugin, that it leads to having an ever more powerful hardware .. but finally, you are the developers and it is your product. we can do nothing against that. Smile
Well the older you go, you also tend to run in badly emulated parts which can chog some games, a game like 24: the game ran very bad and then got fixed in 1.7, it's a generalisation anyway. Have a good day.