1 Thing get in my way of full speed.
I have a Q6600 CPU running at 2.4GHZ. With the correct speedhacks I can get most games at full speed or close to full speed. I can run GOW2 at 50fps full speed. But for other games like tekken 5 VU cycle stealing causes wrong fps readings and is slowed down but if i turn of the FPS limit it goes to around 80fps and it feels close to full speed but the sound is way too fast.
It would be very cool if we could put in a FPS offset.

Sponsored links

There is an FPS offset. It's called "your CPU clock rate". Smile

Seriously, your processor's clock is the big determining factor on getting a full, steady FPS of 60 or greater. For example, with my 2500K at over 4.5Ghz give's a real 80fps without Speedhacks (Tekken 5).

Overclock if you can, otherwise an upgrade is that 1 thing. This, of course, is assuming your GPU is plenty strong...
(02-18-2011, 06:03 AM)Rezard Wrote: There is an FPS offset. It's called "your CPU clock rate". Smile

Seriously, your processor's clock is the big determining factor on getting a full, steady FPS of 60 or greater. For example, with my 2500K at over 4.5Ghz give's a real 80fps without Speedhacks (Tekken 5).

Overclock if you can, otherwise an upgrade is that 1 thing. This, of course, is assuming your GPU is plenty strong...

no i can get full speed on tekken 5. Only that pcsx2 reads 90fps during that. I want to tell pcsx2 to subtract 30fps from the count at all times.
does it REALLY matter?

go full screen, that hides the FPS counter, problem solved.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(02-18-2011, 03:47 PM)refraction Wrote: does it REALLY matter?

go full screen, that hides the FPS counter, problem solved.

no the sound is way too fast for some reason. Probably it's speed goes by the fps
That's because your using Speedhacks to such a degree. They do technically "break" emulation in order to increase speed. This is why they're not technically recommended, but they do help make games playable if your hardware comes up short.
(02-19-2011, 05:48 AM)Rezard Wrote: That's because your using Speedhacks to such a degree. They do technically "break" emulation in order to increase speed. This is why they're not technically recommended, but they do help make games playable if your hardware comes up short.

It speeds up the game without causing any issues instead of the wrong fps reading. Just put in a fps offsetor and done
I don't think you quite understand what speedhacks actually do.
wrong fps reading and the sound breaks, im pretty sure that the speedhacks are causing that Tongue
(02-19-2011, 06:58 AM)HollowNinja Wrote: I don't think you quite understand what speedhacks actually do.

yeah i do it uses non safe techniques to achieve speed. But since it's virtual i have no fear using them since the biggest damage it can do is kill the game
(02-19-2011, 08:16 AM)DKAngel Wrote: wrong fps reading and the sound breaks, im pretty sure that the speedhacks are causing that Tongue

Yeah and if i were to be able to tell pcsx2 to count down the fps the sound issue will go away