10-20% cpu usage constantly ingame.
Ok, I read the forums about CPUs not needing to read 100% all the time because of the ps2 design. But 10-20% with my frames at 30-40 seems odd. Is their anyway to make it run 100% or is 1/10th of my CPU being used normal for a CPU intensive program? If thats the case how would upgrading my cpu help me at all?

Other problem im having is in Okami at 30-40fps at the beginning when your learning how to break barrels. It feels like im crawling, it runs so slow I cant play. So I used to hacks, ok now I get 60-70fps, but for some strange reason it still runs like im playing at 10-20 fps. Its only when im looking at anything big, or that has any kind of art to it. In the grass I run smoothly.

Im hoping these 2 things can be helped by someone, otherwise its time to try to OC this CPU.

Specs:

Windows XP
AMD64 x2 4200 2.21ghz
2GB Hypermemory
ATI Radeon 4670 1000mb DDR3 Ram

Sponsored links

1: that's the PS2 cpuclock, not your own
2: lower your internal resolution on GSdx
(04-18-2009, 04:57 AM)Saiki Wrote: 1: that's the PS2 cpuclock, not your own
2: lower your internal resolution on GSdx

I tried to use the "native" and still no luck. Or should I do it manually? It sucks, I woulda gone intel if I had known about this before hand. I wish motherboards could handle intel or amd. Oh well if their isnt a fix I guess ill just sell this thing since it can only do Phenom and not PhenomII, or would a 3.0ghz Athlon64x2 do the job?
don't use native, set it lower, at 512x512
Don't stress yourself over this emu. Just wait for a better release. They are making great process in the latest revisions. You need to overclock it and lower your resolution not Enabling Native.
M33 User's PC

Model Number: HP a6547c [The Gayest BIOS]
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2.6 GHz (Overclocked To 2.9 GHZ)
Memory: 4GB PC2-6400 DDR2 SDRAM
Video: Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT
Operating System: Windows 7-64bit [Awesome]/Windows Vista-64bit
(04-18-2009, 05:38 AM)M33 User Wrote: Don't stress yourself over this emu. Just wait for a better release. They are making great process in the latest revisions. You need to overclock it and lower your resolution not Enabling Native.

Any time frame on when that could happen? Are their any major improvements to AMD processors? I tried lowering the res the lowest I could go, it keeps closing on me now though. Ill keep at it.

Edit Update: Ok I got it working better at 512 / 512 resolution. It dropped to 40 near the waterful and stairs, but was 60 at some points. Seeing as this processor is only 2.2ghz right now, I feel pretty sure if I got it up to 3.0ghz I would be pretty safe. At least in this game. Still wish I had a Core 2 Duo, but this is good for now.