10 FPS playing FF12 here is my info.. need info on how to run it smoothly
(07-30-2009, 02:34 AM)korisnik2007a Wrote: didn'y you see the images...he didn't even use speed hacks/cpu vu skip,and probably cpu advanced..Smile...

yes i did see the images, i'm not blind, but the speed hacks aren't magical tricks that enable the fps to increase from 10 to 60. many games run even worse with speed hacks enabled, especially if you have multiple hardware bottlenecks.

to the op: well, to the shutdowns, monitor the temperatures of your cpu and gpu during the emulation with tools like realtemp, gpu-z or speedfan. no idea about the exact temperature limits of your cpu and gpu, but values over 75°C shouldn't be good and 90°C are probably critical. you can test the cpu alone with a tool like coredamage, it will set your cpu usage to almost 100%. if your system works for an hour with coredamage running, then the cpu is most likely not the problem. to avoid overheating i'd recommend to clean your coolers and fans from time to time, especially power supply, cpu and gpu.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403

Sponsored links

(07-30-2009, 12:44 PM)zero29 Wrote:
(07-30-2009, 02:34 AM)korisnik2007a Wrote: didn'y you see the images...he didn't even use speed hacks/cpu vu skip,and probably cpu advanced..Smile...

yes i did see the images, i'm not blind, but the speed hacks aren't magical tricks that enable the fps to increase from 10 to 60. many games run even worse with speed hacks enabled, especially if you have multiple hardware bottlenecks.

to the op: well, to the shutdowns, monitor the temperatures of your cpu and gpu during the emulation with tools like realtemp, gpu-z or speedfan. no idea about the exact temperature limits of your cpu and gpu, but values over 75°C shouldn't be good and 90°C are probably critical. you can test the cpu alone with a tool like coredamage, it will set your cpu usage to almost 100%. if your system works for an hour with coredamage running, then the cpu is most likely not the problem. to avoid overheating i'd recommend to clean your coolers and fans from time to time, especially power supply, cpu and gpu.

Okay thank you.

Could you give me some directions to clean my computer?
And also about upgrading me computer so I can run the game... What should I upgrade? What's lacking the most in my specs?
you would need a completely new pc...

I recommend :

Intel C2Q - Q9550 (Or Intel C2DE8400),if you have money than intel i7 965
Some P45 Chipset Mo-bo (if I7 series than X58)
4 GB of DDR II (8 GB DDR III For I7)
2x 1.5 TB of HDD in RAID0
ATi 4890 times two (or nvidia GTS 295 times two)
a 620Watt Corsair power supply (Only Corsair,it's nearly the highest quality psu by seasonic
(07-30-2009, 09:32 PM)TFM Wrote: Okay thank you.

Could you give me some directions to clean my computer?
And also about upgrading me computer so I can run the game... What should I upgrade? What's lacking the most in my specs?

cleaning the coolers and fans require you to open your computer case, if you feel uncomfortable with that, well, perhaps you know someone with the necessary knowledge to help you with that (it's hard to explain this via text only Wink ). but as your system is probably already some years old, it would be no surprise to me that your system shows some overheating problems. another reason could be that the power supply of your system isn't sufficient anymore during high load situations like ps2 emulation, it surely lost some efficiency over the years.

(07-31-2009, 01:22 AM)korisnik2007a Wrote: you would need a completely new pc...

I recommend :

Intel C2Q - Q9550 (Or Intel C2DE8400),if you have money than intel i7 965
Some P45 Chipset Mo-bo (if I7 series than X58)
4 GB of DDR II (8 GB DDR III For I7)
2x 1.5 TB of HDD in RAID0
ATi 4890 times two (or nvidia GTS 295 times two)
a 620Watt Corsair power supply (Only Corsair,it's nearly the highest quality psu by seasonic

i think something similar to the recommended specs of pcsx2 will suffice:

PCSX2 0.9.6 FAQ Wrote:Recommended
* Windows Vista 32bit/64bit
* CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.2ghz or better
* GPU: 8600gt or better
* 1gb RAM (2gb if on Vista)

especially your raid hdd and dual gpu recommendations are total overkill unless you have no money limit. the psu on the other hand seems a bit weak for such a system, the power consumption of your gpus alone can go beyond 400w and no psu achieves 100% efficiency. also 8gb for a core i7 rig would be rather unusual, the triple channel access for the memory favors sizes like 3, 6, or 12gb.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403