100% 60fps but obvious framerate drops?
Hi ya,
Im not sure if this is normal but on certain games Max Payne for example im getting lag spikes despite everything telling me otherwise.
PCSX2 is 100% 60fps, Fraps 60fps but i can tell it drops below that facing one side of the room 60fps the other side feels like 30fps.
Is this normal?
Speed hacks disabled everything default only changed the resolution scale.

Specs:
Ryzen 3700x
RTX 3070
32gb ram

Thanks

Sponsored links

iirc max payne had those slowdowns on real hardware.
do you get the same on your real console ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-12-2021, 06:11 PM)jesalvein Wrote: iirc max payne had those slowdowns on real hardware.
do you get the same on your real console ?

I can't remember that far back Blink and i don't have a old enough TV to test it, i just ripped all my games with imgburn to try.
But if PCSX2 emulates native PS2 games with framerate drops then that's what im seeing. I thought games would run better.
PCSX2 is emulating the same hardware speed the ps2 have
If a game is struggling on the ps2,it will also do the same on pcsx2(it's like you are trying to play a pc game by emulating the specific hardware that can only give you certain performance)

There is a speed hack for that
You cannot overclock the ps2 cpu but you can in pcsx2
It's the EE speed hack but be careful with it because some games don't like it
(04-12-2021, 06:51 PM)vsub Wrote: PCSX2 is emulating the same hardware speed the ps2 have
If a game is struggling on the ps2,it will also do the same on pcsx2(it's like you are trying to play a pc game by emulating the specific hardware that can only give you certain performance)

There is a speed hack for that
You cannot overclock the ps2 cpu but you can in pcsx2
It's the EE speed hack but be careful with it because some games don't like it

That worked thanks.
The problem is the "AMD Core Performance Boost" and also "AMD Cool & Quiet" feature that hinders emulation accuracy. Disabling these both feature might improve the emulation performance. Also, keep the CPU voltage at default level and everything else just leave default and untouched.

Also, enable MTVU hack to improve emulation speed.