1080p support with 1280x1024 screen
Hi

Not fully related to pcsx2, but I want to benchmark some games and I only have a 1280x1024 screen. What do I do to run games on higher resolution?

Can it be done?

Thanks

Sponsored links

In Gsdx plugin you can set the resolution
To clarify:
The resolution you can choose in GSdx is an internal one. It does not affect the output size like a pc game would.
what do you mean, rama - you mean I wouldn't see it but the game would be rendered as if I had a 1080p screen (and the game was set on 1080p res.)?

Just to make - I need it for a native pc game, can PCSX2 run windows exe files?
(10-08-2012, 12:03 PM)junky Wrote: what do you mean, rama - you mean I wouldn't see it but the game would be rendered as if I had a 1080p screen (and the game was set on 1080p res.)?
That is correct Smile
(10-08-2012, 12:03 PM)junky Wrote: Just to make - I need it for a native pc game, can PCSX2 run windows exe files?
No, it is a PS2 emulator, not a "run a pc game with different stuff" emulator ;p
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Thanks.

That's why I said it is not fully related to pcsx2. Do you know how can I emulate higher resolutions for native pc games?
There is no way. Get a better monitor ;p
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(10-08-2012, 12:52 PM)junky Wrote: Thanks.

That's why I said it is not fully related to pcsx2. Do you know how can I emulate higher resolutions for native pc games?
Even if there was such software, your using it for benchmarks would be pointless, as all the benchmark speed values would be ruined by the emulation.

What you'd need is not emulation software, but conversion hardware, able to rescale the higher rez for display on your monitor without affecting software speed, and any hardware that could do this kind of job well would probably be more expensive than a new monitor capable of 1080p.

Best regards: dlanor