120FPS in PCSX2
Well you could probably say the same about upscaling. Also that introduced at least visual errors.

Ok, since fps are coupled to almost everything it would be probably quite complicated to achieve higher base framerates.
But I think the main problem is just the requirements for the system to emulate at 120FPS can be only fulfilled by a handful of people. So finding a dev who wants to code something unstable with minor (I know it's subjective) visual improvements - something she/he can not even test completely by her-/himself - that is the main problem.

Maybe nice idea but if you don't do it by yourself it would probably not been done.

Btw. has the KH1/2-double framerate-thread already solved the higher sound speed? Because this you would need to solve as well.

Sponsored links

(05-12-2014, 07:57 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Not at emulator's level. Would be to much work just to get greater chances of things breaking hard, if at all possible to implement.

This is the kind of thing that must be made at game basis and even so, as already seen in the few attempts made, not worthwhile.

Understand that what is being asked is a structural change in the way PS2 works (and then all it's software as well, meaning games here), so it's a no no.

Too bad :\
But anyway I found this
http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index....erclocking
Page seems legit

Did not have time to try this,but maybe someone is interested
(05-12-2014, 02:02 PM)Happy Wrote: Too bad :\
But anyway I found this
http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index....erclocking
Page seems legit

Did not have time to try this,but maybe someone is interested

link fail ;p
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-12-2014, 02:12 PM)refraction Wrote: link fail ;p

Found the link i think
Take that for shortening links on me!

Seems it will result in sped up audio unless a dev can figure out how. they also have an OC PCSX2 build somehow.
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)." Okay, so I CANNOT install this custom build of PCSX2.
Can someone just directly give me all the files and stuff?
You won't get support here since it's unofficial, Let the devs disassemble it (providing they even have interest in it) and wait for an official build. It has known audio issues so my guess is (if it's possible) they would have to have an "OC" check box that say runs double speed but halves everything else, Even then there is a strong possibility that wont work. As Devs have stated in another tread, there would be a ton of sync problems.
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
Well, could I get help on an official build then? I Can't get any PCSX2 version beyond the one I have to install because of the same error.
probably because you didn't read teh install page completely
[Image: 1399917438-sans-titre20140512195704.jpg]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
. . . Well, PCSX2 1.2.1 works now, and strangely enough, the unofficial overclock builds.

. . . The OC builds are weird. I only tested KHIIFM, and the music and SFX plays too fast now. I Can see why OC is A no-no now.
Unless a Dev can find a way to downclock the SPU (if that is even the issue) I have little hope for OC'ing PCSX2, such a shame as there are games that would benefit
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64