1GB RAM
Because PCSX2 uses about 200-300mb of RAM. This is less than most games. So as long as you have free ram for PCSX2 to work, it will work fine. If you have 1 GB of RAM, you should have at least about ~300mb free (since if you didn't everything would be so slow even Windows would be unusable). If you have that amount of RAM free, PCSX2 doesn't care if you have 100 GB of RAM or anything like that.
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

ok i get it..thanx.... i checked in task manager<processes....

but IF pcsx2 forced to use more ram ..then may ps2 games run faster...
but my CPU usage is always 100%
when running pcsx2 does it mean
something?
this is becoz of ur weak processesor....If u have quad core then ur cpu usage is like 6 or 8 % becoz pcsx2 only use 2cores
(04-12-2010, 06:45 PM)layzebook Wrote: but my CPU usage is always 100%
when running pcsx2 does it mean
something?

If you mean the indicator in the PCSX2/GSdx window it means you're limited by your graphics card, if it's in task manager it's your CPU.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(04-12-2010, 03:19 PM)layzebook Wrote: is 1GB ram not enough to run pcsx2 games?
because my FPS when playing games are at 20-30 only
and my CPU and VC is under the playable speed compatibility list
so im thinking its my ram thats making my game run slowly right?
im playing legend of legia 2 btw.

*if your using XP your ram is enough..if your in vista/7 it needs 2Gs since most enviorment resources is used on windows
*if you want Legaia 2's good speeds you need to be at Vista/7 via DX10 because that game hates DX9 especially your good cpu and gpu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2onIOCx3pIE
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
My PC that uses only 1 GB RAM can run well especially with the PS2 CD-ROM games. Yet these cd-rom games uses low or medium poly graphics, so using 1 GB ram at least have no problem at all when using this emulator. Also, my PC can run smooth with the DVD game, Devil May Cry 3. It's ok to run but the graphics is looks like have some glitches.
can tell me what games can run smoothly with my spec?
and also if your kind enough include also the settings Tongue thnx