2.2GHz totally unplayable?
I have the old, crappy AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3500+

Is there no way to increase the speed of game play? Like reducing graphics quality or something?

The PS2 didn't even have 2.2GHz did it?

Graphics card:
GeForce 7300 GS
512 MB

1.5 GB RAM

Windows XP service pack 3

Not great but it seems like it should work.

Sponsored links

Reducing the graphics quality will only help your weak GPU. Go ahead and keep GSdx on native resolution, but that won't always be enough.

Use the Speedhack settings to help increase the speed. Most games really will prove to be too much for that CPU (and GPU, as well). It's not even the fact that it's at 2.2Ghz, but more due to it's relative inefficientcy at any clockrate.

Yes, it will work. But not very fast in general. You could look to some examples of easier games to emulate, just don't expect miracles (especially with others). Smile
not totally.

e.g.
MvC2
Capcom Vs. SNK 2
Disgaea 1
Harvest MoonWackoTH

those games are very light to emulate.

(06-01-2011, 02:10 AM)BlazedWithPower Wrote: The PS2 didn't even have 2.2GHz did it?

This is an emulator thus you need about 15~20 folds from the real PS2's power to a pcsx2 thing and addition to the latest PC archetectures.

Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(06-01-2011, 02:20 AM)Rezard Wrote: Reducing the graphics quality will only help your weak GPU. Go ahead and keep GSdx on native resolution, but that won't always be enough.

Use the Speedhack settings to help increase the speed. Most games really will prove to be too much for that CPU (and GPU, as well). It's not even the fact that it's at 2.2Ghz, but more due to it's relative inefficientcy at any clockrate.

Yes, it will work. But not very fast in general. You could look to some examples of easier games to emulate, just don't expect miracles (especially with others). Smile

Well shoot that sucks. I tried the speedhack but it was still laughably slow. Thanks for your help guess I just need to upgrade my CPU.
Well, it's better to know, rather than thinkin' you're doing something wrong. Smile

I'm glad you picked up on the Speedhacks on your own. Some people manage to overlook them. Wink
your pc's specs are just too outdated to get playable speeds with pcsx2; i even think your cpu is a single core too.
it can run pcsx2, but it won't play any games at full speed (well maybe you can get a 2d game like disgaea 1 to run full speed using speedhacks + native resolution).
Check out my blog: Trashcan of Code
(06-01-2011, 02:30 AM)Rezard Wrote: Well, it's better to know, rather than thinkin' you're doing something wrong. Smile

I'm glad you picked up on the Speedhacks on your own. Some people manage to overlook them. Wink

I read through a few threads first. And I really wanted to play Mortal Kombat: Armageddon so I started messing with the config Laugh

Looks like I'll need a new motherboard too theres nothing on AM2 higher then 3.5 GHz. May as well get a new computer lol.
(06-01-2011, 02:38 AM)BlazedWithPower Wrote: Looks like I'll need a new motherboard too theres nothing on AM2 higher then 3.5 GHz. May as well get a new computer lol.

yeh you'll basically have to buy a new computer if you want to enjoy playing with pcsx2. your graphics card is also very poor and outdated.

if you get a new computer look into intel's i3/i5/i7 lineup for cpu, and get a gpu that at-least is as good as a 8800gt.
Check out my blog: Trashcan of Code
Even an AM2 overclocked @ 4.0Ghz wouldn't be that great. Go for the Core i, if you really want the most out of PCSX2!
wouldn't it be cheaper to play the games on the PS2 ?
sure a new computer is recommended but buying a computer for pcsx2 is in my opinion OVERKILL.