Poll: Which one should i use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Desktop
100.00%
2 100.00%
Laptop
0%
0 0%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

2 Pc's, which one to use?
I currently have 2 pc's, my main gaming pc and a gaming laptop. I want to play Ratchet & Clank series so which one should i use?

Desktop:
Amd Athlon X4 760k overclocked to 4.4ghz
Amd R9 280X 3gb
8gb ram

Laptop:
Intel i7-4270HQ @ 3,42ghz
nVidia GTX 960m 2gb
8gb ram

Also what kind of setting should i use, i am new to using pcsx2

Sponsored links

to be honest, it will probably run better on your desktop thanks to the overclock
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-23-2016, 07:44 PM)refraction Wrote: to be honest, it will probably run better on your desktop thanks to the overclock

Believe it or not, but I'd say the laptop's CPU is still faster.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Ok, so i tried running R&C Going commando on the desktop and the game looks like this.

Also the game runs half speed, ee is between 30 - 100%, gs is at constantly at 30%
You should use your laptop.
Switch to the software renderer

Config>video>Plugin settings>renderer

Also set 3 extra rendering threads.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(04-23-2016, 08:23 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Switch to the software renderer

Config>video>Plugin settings>renderer

Also set 3 extra rendering threads.

I tried that, just slowed my game even more and now looks hidious due to missing textures  Biggrin
I also tried my laptop, but it was the same as my desktop
(04-23-2016, 08:39 PM)BattleDorito Wrote: I tried that, just slowed my game even more and now looks hidious due to missing textures  Biggrin
I also tried my laptop, but it was the same as my desktop

The textures should not be missing in software mode, but the resolution will be native to the playstation 2
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

PCSX2 is much more CPU dependent but some games are GPU dependant that r9 280x should blow the 960M out of the water but the i7 should destroy that Athlon even OC'd there's a 2x+ difference between the 2 at stock clocks http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-47...on-X4-760K

The laptop should do much better overall but if you find yourself GPU limited in a game use the desktop instead.
(04-23-2016, 09:10 PM)bomblord Wrote: r9 280x should blow the 960M out of the water

You have to play the games at 50 fps or 60 fps, so they should be the same for most games, provided that you don't use the internal resolution higher than 3x Native.