2 games 2 bugs
Hi all

Ok first game is Devil may Cry 1

When ever i use a internal resolution higher than native i get a duplicate screen pop up in the top left hand corner, only a slice of it mind you, like a letterbox, and it gets smaller the higher you put the resolution (up to 6x) but its there.

next game is Legacy of Kain Defiance.

Somthing is wrong wiht the textures of character models including npcs when ever they are a set distance away. the textures get all garbled and look a bit like gravel. They are fine up close.

Both games fps are great, running at 4x to 6x in the opening areas seems fine. Infact if i didnt already know in advance that the scenes would get more complex i would happily sit at 6x. But i think i would have to go down to 5x or 4x once things start getting busy. Even with a 3930k @ 4.6ghz and a 560Ti SOC graphics card.

Any help would be appreciated.
CPU: 3930k @ 4.6ghz 1.36v
Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
RAM: G.Skill 1866mhz 16gb
MB: Asus P9X79 Pro
GPU: Gigabyte 560Ti 1gb (338core) Super OC Edition
HDD: 2x 500gb 10k Rpm raid 0
SSD: 128gb Corsair Performance Pro

Sponsored links

Not sure if i can help. You didn't mention using any speedhacks, maybe those are causing errors. Since you have a powerfull pc and are getting good fps, you shouldn't need speedhacks.

Playing at native resolution may also improve compatibility. And there is allways the option of software mode which ensures highest compatibility at the expense of fps, but in your case the CPU is powerfull enough to keep things fast.

It may also be caused by the GPU drivers, but i'm not really sure. Post more details on your settings, it may be easier to find the problem.
Thanks for the reply

I have tried turing of all speed hacks ..didnt really effect fps much to be honest. And it didnt help the issues.

i cant mess with my graphics drivers since i need to use the latest nvidia beta drivers for one of the game i play (Darksiders 2)

As for native resolution ..well if i was to use that i might as well just plug my ps2 into my TV instead of my computer. It's not possible for my to play at native on a 42" screen ..it looks like im playing tetris Tongue

I think iv gone through all possible options on the emulator so was hoping som1 might turn around and say download X patch and it will be fine Tongue
Hopefully someone will. I only mentioned the drivers as a possible cause, you should not really have to mess with them.

Have you tried software mode? If i'm not mistaken that will not use the GPU at all, only the CPU. And it is most compatible at the cost of fps (which you have to spare anyway).
Yea tried software mode, not only is the bugs still there, but it looks like crap. Software modes Native resolution on a 42" screen looks like im playing Tetris Tongue
You can find some workarounds for the DMC1 bugs in this nice compatibility report:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Devil-May...8-E--30529?
[Image: newsig.jpg]