2 games in 1 ISO
I've been using PCSX2 since last year and it works fine. See, this time I want to put 2 games in one ISO, so I can have 2 games on 1 file. It saves space on my computer and I know it's possible.

Anyway, I've been watching a lot of tutorials on YouTube and basically tried everything in the past 3 days. It's easy, but it's not working here. At this point, I'm just frustrated and kinda mad. I hope you guys can help me to understand what's going on.

Separately, the games (NFSU 2 & KOF 2006) are working fine. PCSX2 emulate them and they're working. No problem here. The problem happens when I put them together.

I didn't find any tutorial in English, so I'll link one in Brazilian Portuguese. You don't need to understand what they're saying, just watch and you will see. *removed for piracy*

On every video I've watched, it ALWAYS work on their PCSX2. In the video above, the guy is using the PCSX2 Maetel 4.5. I've tried to find it, but only downloaded a corrupted one.

I also tried with the current version of PCSX2 and 1.0.0. Doesn't work. Only a black screen. Sometimes if I wait long enough, it shows some FPS, but still black screen.

So, basically what they always teach on these videos:

1 - Extract the games ISO. Download "msystem maker" to name both games & their ELF files (SLUS_XXX_XXX & SLUs_YYY_YYY). It will create a "msystem.cnf" file. Here's how it looks when you open it as a "txt" >> https://i.imgur.com/p3QLXaf.png <<

2 - Download "PS2 Load" and paste the new "msystem.cnf" file there. The PS2 Load comes with a "PS2LOAD.ELF" file, "system.cnf" and another folder with some IMGS. Check it here >> https://i.imgur.com/oTGTmZi.png <<

3 - Now it's time to create the ISO with both games together. All you gotta do is paste these PS2 Load files into the UltraISO (or IMGBurn) + all the files of the extracted ISO games with exception of their original "system.cnf". You don't put the games "system.cnf" files, because "PS2 Load" already has one. Check it out >> https://i.imgur.com/6IcNxwq.png << This is how they look together.

That's it. Done.

Now, a few observations. The games cannot have files with the same name. I've checked them and they don't. So it's all ok. Why it doesn't work? PCSX2 simply doesn't run it. I got these 2 LOGS. Check LOG 1 >> https://i.imgur.com/Ua3AHnI.png << & LOG 2 >> https://i.imgur.com/hChgc6f.png <<.

I think that the biggest problem is this "hle notice elf does not have a path pcsx2", because it shows as soon as I run it.

In literally every video, this is how their games looks like with the MENU to choose the game >> https://i.imgur.com/qFyMFD8.png <<

Why it doesn't work for me? Maybe NFSU2 & KOF 2006 doesn't work together? I don't know.

Sponsored links

since it's unrelated to pcsx2, i'll move it to off topic.
i removed your first video since it does contain a piracy link
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Making 2in1 just to save space will not give you anything.
There are two factors that can increase the image size and both are done to make the PS2 drive to read the disk more easily(it doesn't affect pcsx2 with iso at all)
1.False lba...this possition the files in specific sectors of the disk(the game may be 400mb(I think Super DBZ was like that)but the files are placed at the begining and the end of the disk and this makes the image 4.5gb even tho the game is less than 700mb)
2.Adding dummy files...this is using the same method but rather than positioning the files in specific sectors to increase the disk size,the disk contains big useless files full with zeros.

In both cases the size of the false lba and the dummy files when compressing the image becomes 0,so it's like you are making a ?in1 disk but without all the hassle(there are some games that you can't make ?in1 because the check the disk for the files locations(in sectors)or/and the total size of the image.

PCSX2 support cso and gz compressed images...you can also use NTFS compession

I have done some ?in1 disk for my PS2 before but there is absolutely no gain from them while using them on pcsx2
And PS,I don't know about NFSU2 but KOF2006 works fine when I combine it with other games

Also,if the game is searching for files in specific sectors,and if one of the files is at the end of the disk,you will not save anything by making ?in1 image.The image size has to be the same,otherwise the game will not work
vsub.. it supports gzipped iso's? what type of space savings are you sseing there? Currently my only disk is a little 250 samsung evo, and I'm considering replacing my cd drive with another ssd..
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
I can't really tell you.
I'm using 2tb hdd on my laptop/pc and I have 2tb external drive so I don't really care about used space.

Also the last time I did anything PS2(not pcsx2)related was at least 4 years ago(my phat ps2 with 500gb internal hdd just stays on my desk "collecting" dust)

And yes,it does support gz but there was some requirements how to mage the compressed file(with what)
(11-11-2017, 10:42 AM)vsub Wrote: I have done some ?in1 disk for my PS2 before but there is absolutely no gain from them while using them on pcsx2
And PS,I don't know about NFSU2 but KOF2006 works fine when I combine it with other games

Also,if the game is searching for files in specific sectors,and if one of the files is at the end of the disk,you will not save anything by making ?in1 image.The image size has to be the same,otherwise the game will not work

Thanks for all the infos. Really appreciate it, man. Indeed, I'll probably not gain anything using PCSX2, but I definitely want to try it to play on my PS2 as well, because it's less stressful, since you don't need to setup anything. Lol.

Can you tell which games you chose to combine with KOF 2006? Do you remember?

Also, which method did you use to do it? I couldn't find any different method after browsing for days. They're all the same.
On the PS2 shrunking a game and adding more will make it harder on the laser to read the disk(which is not good,that thing is really picky...I lost one laser once).

About what did I combine KOF 2006 with...I just check my backup hdd and it looks like I didn't make an image of all of my ?in1 disk(and also some other games)so I can't tell you(the disks are really far a way and I'll go where they are after 5 months)

And about what method did I use...depents on the game but usually PS2Load,Apache,Notepad and CDVDGEN....sometimes IML2ISO
I never used UltraISO because that program don't really obey the lba order and that's important(I was never able to make a working ?in1 disk with it)

For my PS2 hdd I just srunk the image(if it's possible)with XPert or IML2ISO and then copy it to the hdd
(11-11-2017, 10:25 PM)vsub Wrote: About what did I combine KOF 2006 with...I just check my backup hdd and it looks like I didn't make an image of all of my ?in1 disk(and also some other games)so I can't tell you(the disks are really far a way and I'll go where they are after 5 months)

No problem. But thanks for letting me know about KOF 2006 working. I've tried to put KOF 2006 + GTA Liberty City Stories now. And see, I'm aaaalmost there, but still not 100%. Lol.

Now the menus are loading, but none of them are working. It always freezes. I can't move or choose anything. My PADS setup are right, so that's not the problem. Multiloader menu freezes and PS2Load too. The FPS still flowing on the top of the window, but the menus are frozen.

>> https://i.imgur.com/gwGMgVZ.png << Menu 1: PS2Load + Msystem Maker

>> https://i.imgur.com/SD7nazJ.png << Menu 2: Multiloader

You think that maybe it would work on my PS2 even though it's freezing on PCSX2? It got me thinking. But since it's freezing on both methods, it might have something wrong with it. Or maybe it's right, but PCSX2 doesn't run it for whatever reason.

These games got files with the same name, but I've fixed that by renaming the KOF 2006 files and changing the inside of the ELF (with Hex Workshop Editor) to match the new names. It didn't corrupt the game. It's still working 100% when I emulate it. So I guess this has nothing to do with it. But who knows...
If it's not working on pcsx2,it will definetly not work on the ps2
And yes,that's normal behaviur if something is wrong with the game

I may be wrong but if I remember correctly,kof 2006 was looking for the files in specific sectors of the disk,so you have to placed them in the disk in the same order(ultraiso can't do that)...that game was little hard to make it work when placed with other games are in the same disk