2009 MacBook Core 2 duo.. what can I expect?
I'm running a 2009 MacBook 2.13 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo with 2 GB 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM. It also has an Nvidia GeForce 9400m @ 256MB VRAM.

I have Snow Leopard version 10.6.8 installed as well.

I have 2 questions:

1. Is it worth upgrading to Lion/Mountain Lion in terms of with PSCSX2? Does it make a difference?

2. Is my MacBook slowing me down for PS2 Emulation? Like.. is the processor powerful enough to emulate PS2 games?

I ask all this because I have been fighting to get FFX to run smoothly. During the intro scene, my FPS can drop down to 40 FPS, and it lags pretty bad. I've followed a few different instructions including this (the latest one I've tried):

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-FFXII-Bes...FPS?page=4

I just can't get it to run without the sound/video lag and am beginning to think it's the computer itself....

Just curious of your thoughts on this..

Sponsored links

Well, what are your PCSX2 settings?

Also, I don't think updating the OS will do too much. Plus, your processor is just decent, and 2 GB of RAM is tiny for PCSX2.
upgrading to lion will allow you to use latest 0.9.7 beta.
So yeah, that may be worth trying it.

both your CPU & gpu are weak for pcsx2.

oh, and don't pay attention to what .hog said about RAM.
pcsx2 doesn't use more than 512 Mb Ram, so 2Gb is ok
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
You could always try bootcamping it Tongue I know its irrelevant, but if wanna get the most outta your mac, windows the way to go. I used to get pretty good speed (almost averaging full speed) on FFX on my 2009 Macbook last time Biggrin So yeah, PCSX2 pretty CPU dependent, my current Alienware with the low voltage c2d can't even ran FFX decently even though the graphic card pwn the 9400m hands down and over.