21:9 aspect ratio hacks
Are there any 21:9 aspect ratio hacks for pcsx2? I'm primarily interested in Final Fantasy X and XII. If there aren't are there any tutorials on how to make them?

Sponsored links

Your best bet is to check/ask here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wid...me-Patches
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Now, this is is just my speculation, so don't get discouraged, but wouldn't 21:9 end up being a bother because the games were made mainly for 4:3, some 16:9? I'm guessing FF games wouldn't be much affected by such issues but other games with more enclosed areas could end up with much clipping thru walls, no?
Oh i don't doubt it, 21:9 was unheard of in the PS2 days, but it's probably possible, with huge bugs.

As buggy as normal widescreen hacks or?

FF12 probably has no widescreen hack that you can adjust since it supports 16:9 natively.
FFX on the other hand probably has a widescreen hack in the cheats_ws-folder/zip. You could than change the values of the width according to some simple calculations to 21:9 instead of 16:9...
(07-15-2015, 04:13 PM)willkuer Wrote: As buggy as normal widescreen hacks or?

Probably buggier.

FF12 does have a widescreen hack that fixes a number of issues with the built in 16:9 option. If I remember right FFX has a 21:9 option in the pnach file or at least 1 game does it may or may not be FFX might be different game I am thinking of.
(07-15-2015, 04:23 PM)Topken Wrote: FF12 does have a widescreen hack that fixes a number of issues with the built in 16:9 option. If I remember right FFX has a 21:9 option in the pnach file or at least 1 game does it may or may not be FFX might be different game I am thinking of.

I didn't know that... Next time I test this. But still I would guess that these hacks just improve the zoom or whatever but don't change the aspect ratio. So the hack that he would need to change is probably not existent.
May want to check this out:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wid...#pid275915

Just be warned, the HUD will be stretched.
Hello, is it possible to have some aspect ratio between 16/9 and 4/3? 16/9 looks too much squashed, 4/3 too big black bars on the sides, it would be best to be somewhere in the middle, say 14/9, with smaller black bars. In window mode fit to window screen option does the job as you can stretch image as you like, but no such thing for full screen, i dont like playing windowed mode, because i see the desktop instead black bars.