24: The Game - Averaging 15-25fps :(
I can't see why this is happening. I have an Intel i7 CPU and my graphics card is far from the best, but it isn't terrible. Radeon HD 4350. I've tried 0.96 and 0.97 and many options. Nothing seems to help. Does anyone have experience with 24: The Game and this emulator? Is it just one that will always be slow?

A real shame if so. Thanks.

Edit: Forgot to say, sometimes I can get it running smoothly on the main menus and cutscenes, but in-game it lags to hell. I get a few graphical errors too but nothing serious.

Sponsored links

cpu clockspeed ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
The Radeon HD 4350 is terrible for demanding game.
It can run MW2. Maybe not at top settings, but it can do it with a consistently playable framerate. I already said it's not the best graphics card. But a "good" graphics card is in the eyes of the beholder, really. Since I mostly play old games, I don't need a top-of-the-range GPU. This is the first time I've had a problem with it.

CPU: Four cores, eight threads, SSE 4.2, 2.8GHz clock speed but overclockable to at least 3.5GHz. (Something I haven't tried yet.) PCSX2 does support multi-core, right?
supports 2 cores only...
what PS2 game is MW2 ?
Modern Warfare 2 is not a PS2 game. It is a PC game. I was just using it to explain that it is not a terrible card. Just far from the best. Oh, and I don't think I can overclock it. It is a Dell machine, so I don't think the BIOS allows it unless I can find a third party BIOS and flash the mobo or something. I'll have to look into that...
Comparing ps2 emulation to pc games is like comparing apple and orange. Just because you can run some pc games fine on that graphic card doesn't mean that it work the same for pcsx2. The pc games are running in its own native code, while the pcsx2 is doing backward engineering to run game(s).
It was my error. When you said demanding games, I thought you meant games in general, not PS2. Nevertheless, PCSX2 only uses about 20-30% of my CPU which is a shame as I know if it used all of it, it could probably run it fine. I won't upgrade my graphics card only for PCSX2. I thought I'd ask but I guess my best option is to pick up a PS2 for £20 (as opposed to a £100+ good graphics card) and use my video capture device, as I wanted to record.
Quote: I thought I'd ask but I guess my best option is to pick up a PS2 for £20

yep.
and you should read the forum rules too, because you need to own a PS2 to use pcsx2 legally.
closed & warned for piracy