24: The Game, why pcx2 hasn't fixed the LAGS yet?
Indeed, since myself have a FX-8150, it's a tremendous lack of respect to their "consumers" the PCSX2 team don't buy CPUs + MOBOS to them Sad

Sorry to say but not only PCSX2 exposes the main weakness of Bulldozer (lightly threaded applications) as Skyrim (just as an example) does it also with severe slowdowns in cities where a humble i3 is able to do better.

I don't buy an Intel CPU but not for performance reasons, because I knew beforehand that Bulldozer had that problem and in this case performs worse than a Phenom II at same clock.
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

I'm sorry, but you seem to be under the impression that the PCSX2 devs owe you something. Guess what? They don't. This is a free emulator developed by people in their spare time, you didn't pay for PCSX2, your sense of entitlement is laughable. Nobody on this site cares about you.
MyAnimeList: http://www.myanimelist.net/profile/tyestor
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/tyestor
Current PCSX2 version: v1.7.2460-windows-64bit-SSE4

The plural of anime is anime.
(02-02-2013, 02:49 AM)Tyestor Wrote: I'm sorry, but you seem to be under the impression that the PCSX2 Nobody on this site cares about you.

I care....

no...sorry i can't do it! I was kidding!
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

When it comes to pcsx2, you only use 2 cores (3 if using mtvu). That's it. Even if you have a 50 cores cpu, you only get to use 2. So your FX8150 is no better than a FX4100 when not using extra settings. Look at the benchmark thread.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-CPU-Bench...d-on-FFX-2

44.69 FPS - SLUS 20672 - AMD FX-4100 - 3.6 GHz Stock (Turbo Boost OFF, DDR3 1600 MHz) - lexm1

45.74 FPS - SLUS 20672 - AMD FX-6100 - 3.3 GHz Stock (Turbo Core OFF) - ||dav1de||

Two examples of bulldozers each with different number of cores. My backup rig with a FX4100 is the same as these two. Anyways, if you compare these stock values to other stock cpu's you will find the single-threaded "muscle" of a Bulldozer" is no better than a 4 yr old Athlon II running (most likely overclocked) at the same freqency. Piledriver was a great improvement over Bulldozer.

Computer games rely mainly on a good gpu for better results, even with a not-so-good cpu. Emulated games rely on a better cpu for good results.

Another point...just to agree with the others, nobody owes anybody anything regarding this fine program. This website could go down tomorrow and the project could end, and nobody would be due anything. I consider it amazing to have the benefit of playing ps2 games on my pc, with savestate capability and free cheats via pnach files. I am thankful for this excellent technology to enjoy on my computer. It's the only reason why I even learned the difference between RAM and a graphics card in the first place. Tongue

my feels towards this thread |:.
CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.5ghz http://valid.canardpc.com/2607863
MOBO: Asrock Z75 Pro 3
RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill RipJaw X 1333mhz DDR3 ram.
GPU : Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 @ 1200/1450 clocks http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/kasmr/

[Image: 57b2818f7d1b5841.png]
ntsc (what difference can it make?) anyway
what do you mean its just slow?
its not slow if u run it by my configuration as shown here
its just not smooth, it LAGS, skips frame rates, screen's not sequenced
and again some of you re-directing the problem to my cpu without any creditable proof
i told you guys if u're not deaves, show me something that has fixed the game's lags with ur BETTER CPUs coz despite ur priceless opinions about this cpu, i haven't seen any weakness from it whether on PC games or pcsx2
some guy mentioned skyrim, i didnt have problem with that too, whether using 7970 or 5670,
i donno if u guys are listening to me, I didnt see any weakness from this cpu until i faced this game which its LAG's source is unknown due to unavailable proof
what im chewing all over this thread is some guy do me a favor and test this game and see if the lags could be fixed or not,
and Im on my PS2 again, playing the game, just checking here to see if the problem was with cpu or pcsx2
@someguy
believe me, if they didnt get anything from here,
u wouldnt be here posting they dont get anything from here lol
some people are so screwed
lets pray for them on Sundays
(02-02-2013, 03:03 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: (...)
the single-threaded "muscle" of a Bulldozer" is no better than a 4 yr old Athlon II running (most likely overclocked) at the same freqency.
(...)
Athlon II at same clocks is actually as fast as Phenom II in pcsx2(it lacks only cache and commonly can be unlocked in fully working PII with that cache as well;p, pcsx2 doesn't seem to mind cache much looking at those benchmarks and my own unlocking experience).

When comparing Faildozer one should use an example of the ancient Athlon 64 or Athlon IIm(the special mobile version is damn slow) ~ through they couldn't be OC as much probably the efficiency per clock is around same.(~30% weaker from phenoms II)

Through kind of feel bad for the dude now, I mean for getting that cpu while he's obviously just a gamer and beliving it's some kind of super uber mastah ninja wizard powerfull hardware that will run everything, not for being stubborn as donkey when coming against geek community without any knowledge. Couse that's just silly.>.>
(02-02-2013, 10:02 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Athlon II at same clocks is actually as fast as Phenom II in pcsx2(it lacks only cache and commonly can be unlocked in fully working PII with that cache as well;p, pcsx2 doesn't seem to mind cache much looking at those benchmarks and my own unlocking experience).

When comparing Faildozer one should use an example of the ancient Athlon 64 or Athlon IIm(the special mobile version is damn slow) ~ through they couldn't be OC as much probably the efficiency per clock is around same.(~30% weaker from phenoms II)

Through kind of feel bad for the dude now, I mean for getting that cpu while he's obviously just a gamer and beliving it's some kind of super uber mastah ninja wizard powerfull hardware that will run everything, not for being stubborn as donkey when coming against geek community without any knowledge. Couse that's just silly.>.>

who said u're in geek community?
ur mother?
and u just said what exactly u're doing, thanks for mentioning that, repeating like a monkey that the problem is ur cpu,the problem is ur cpu,the problem is ur cpu on and on, without heading my words,
ok its my cpu, u're right now show me sth to prove that except ur benchmarks graphs, a vid compare this cpu with sth at the same BUDGET LEVEL
a cpu less than 150$
and hell yeah i could put my entire budget and buy a 999$ intel's instead of getting a 7970 beside 8150 and the rest of the rig
the problem is, you not posting here anymore except you've sth to say about my problem which was the reason I post this thread
again if the problem is CPU, test the game with a high-end intel's and see if the lags fixed or not, Monkey lol
(02-02-2013, 10:06 AM)24:thegamefkingLAGS Wrote: who said u're in geek community?
ur mother?
and u just said what exactly u're doing, thanks for mentioning that, repeating like a monkey that the problem is ur cpu,the problem is ur cpu,the problem is ur cpu on and on, without heading my words,
ok its my cpu, u're right now show me sth to prove that except ur benchmarks graphs, a vid compare this cpu with sth at the same BUDGET LEVEL
a cpu less than 150$
and hell yeah i could put my entire budget and buy a 999$ intel's instead of getting a 7970 beside 8150 and the rest of the rig
the problem is, you not posting here anymore except you've sth to say about my problem which was the reason I post this thread
again if the problem is CPU, test the game with a high-end intel's and see if the lags fixed or not, Monkey lol

you do know you are not making yourself populair among the people here who want to help you right?

i asked for ntsc or pal version because i can get either version and i can test it my self to see if i can get the game running at fullspeed >.>
(02-02-2013, 11:09 AM)WarWeeny Wrote: you do know you are not making yourself populair among the people here who want to help you right?

i asked for ntsc or pal version because i can get either version and i can test it my self to see if i can get the game running at fullspeed >.>

thanks for your effort in helping me and I really appreciate that but you wont see me again here or in any other post whatsoever
as u can see it in my username, I just came here for that, really dont need any friend nor popularity in this site
just looking for that answer and as I mentioned, I already resolved the problem by playing it on my ps2, just waiting to see if anyone tested the game on pcsx2 or was the problem with my CPU

and thanks in advance if u're gonna test it with NTSC
yeah thats ntsc and pls give me ur configuration for it too