24 the game runs really slow
Hi, i'm new in this and i want to ask you something:
I'm trying to play 24: The Game and when i start playing this game is unplayable (i don't know to see fps, but i think are under 20fps) but during cutscenes works perfect.
I'm using PCSX2 1.0.0 (r5350)
I tried different configurations of speedhacks and still unplayable
What's the best configuration for this game? There's a way to make it playable? Is my computer enough to play it?
Thanks and sorry for my english

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Mi hardware is:
AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.4Ghz
ATI Radeon HD5770 1GB
8GB DDR3 1600mhz
Windows 7 64bits
I'm using PCSX2 1.0.0 (r5350), i made a .mds and .mdf of the dvd, this can be the problem?
I tried different settings and all work the same
Direct3d 11 (Hardware), Native resolution, Interlacing none, and the rest as default.
Thank you
(12-26-2012, 11:11 PM)MEM_115 Wrote: Mi hardware is:
AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.4Ghz
ATI Radeon HD5770 1GB
8GB DDR3 1600mhz
Windows 7 64bits
I'm using PCSX2 1.0.0 (r5350), i made a .mds and .mdf of the dvd, this can be the problem?
I tried different settings and all work the same
Direct3d 11 (Hardware), Native resolution, Interlacing none, and the rest as default.
Thank you

Use imgburn and make an ISO instead. I'm not sure the internal reader can read mds and using virtual drive is not the best option.

Now, your rig should be enough to play most games, some possibly needing advancing a bit EE cyclerate and/or VU cycle stealing speedhacks. Sorry I have no idea how that specific game plays on the emulator but it is tagged playable.

Run in windowed mode while testing so you can see the values for FPS, EE and VU usage percent and some more information at the title bar.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(12-27-2012, 02:20 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Use imgburn and make an ISO instead. I'm not sure the internal reader can read mds and using virtual drive is not the best option.

Now, your rig should be enough to play most games, some possibly needing advancing a bit EE cyclerate and/or VU cycle stealing speedhacks. Sorry I have no idea how that specific game plays on the emulator but it is tagged playable.

Run in windowed mode while testing so you can see the values for FPS, EE and VU usage percent and some more information at the title bar.

Thank you for the answer, i tried EE cyclerate, works a little better, and VU cycle stealing doesn't. I got arround 15-20fps at most of playing parts and in some gets 30-35fps in some zones, not playing scenes works at perfect 60fps.
Please if someone made it works fine, tell me how.
Thanks a lot
Have you tried F9 to switch between hardware mode and software? Strangely, some games work better in software mode. Anything is worth a shot. That CPU and GPU are both fairly decent.
are you using the MTVU speedhack?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(12-27-2012, 04:33 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: Have you tried F9 to switch between hardware mode and software? Strangely, some games work better in software mode. Anything is worth a shot. That CPU and GPU are both fairly decent.

i tried that and in software mode its worse, directx9 it's the same and activated mtvu, i think it's a game problem, i tried other games like gran turismo 4, burnout 3 and shadow of the colossus and they work perfect. I hope in some update this game fixes, i really wanted to play this game.
Thanks for the help
what do the ee% & GS% display when you get slowdowns ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
its the game bud, the game and there's nothing we can do about it
I went to the end
there was nothing, so u better not wasting ur time going the way im went through
i spent 4 days changing settings with a dead end gear to no avail
it works perfect in 60fps but lags wont go