3 problems that i hope you can solve.
It is like magic the way software rendering works sometimes, especially for graphics glitches. Smile

@ ref:
You hear that? You're a legend, man! Biggrin

Did you also try "Extra + Preserve Sign" for the VUs clamping?
Did that "256 color" thing ref linked help Tekken 4?

Sponsored links

Well, magic, possibly, but soon as MGS reaches 60fps, then i could call him Houdini Tongue
(08-25-2011, 11:45 PM)Rezard Wrote: @ ref:
You hear that? You're a legend, man! Biggrin

That's odd, i could have sworn i existed ;p
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Have you tried the new MTVU "speedhack" in recent SVN? It might just be a little more "magic" for you. Wink

Get yourself a pre-compiled SVN from Orphis' Build Bot. You'll find the MTVU option in the "Speedhacks" tab of the Emulation Settings. Hope it helps! Smile

(Note: in a few cases, it may reduce performance)
(08-25-2011, 11:53 PM)refraction Wrote: That's odd, i could have sworn i existed ;p

Nope. You're purely a product of our imagination. XD

Side note: I never imagined how much my imagination could accomplish, though...
Ahh well, i've seen these nightly builds a few days ago, but i'm not a person who gives up easily Tongue But now it actually works in Software mode 'magically', I'll give it a try!

While i'm here, just wondered, would there be a huge difference if there was to be a version of PCSX2 in 64bit? Or would that require hours upon hours of recoding? Tongue
I remember a discussion about a 64bit PCSX2. It would definitely take some re-writing, and would most likely not improve performance much, if at all, with the way a PS2 works.
here it is : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-We-are-dr...und-builds
Ahh, fair enough Smile

I've tried the latest builds, done all the configuring, it just runs the same in both modes. But I just played Snake VS Monkey mode for the first time, fun times!

If anyone has doubts about running PCSX2 on a Macbook early 2011, i can reassure you, it works great thanks to these team of 'magical' legends!
No doubts there, at least not with a Sandy Bridge CPU.
Integrated graphics have always been questionable, but they were bound to improve with time. Wink