30 FPS, after a while they drops...
If I buy a cooling station, it will be ok?

EDIT: Yes, I checked with PC Wizard. Temperature starts from 50° C and raises to 75-76° C, after a minute my laptop turns off Sad

Sponsored links

(11-10-2013, 11:26 AM)ReDevilGames Wrote: If I buy a cooling station, it will be ok?

EDIT: Yes, I checked with PC Wizard. Temperature starts from 50° C and raises to 75-76° C, after a minute my laptop turns off Sad

That's not that hot for a laptop. Well, all are different, so maybe it is for yours. My laptop used to throttle at around 90C and shutdown when it could boil water. E.G. 100C
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I rechecked. It turns off at 94-96° C Smile
(11-10-2013, 03:10 PM)ReDevilGames Wrote: I rechecked. It turns off at 94-96° C Smile

Well, as they say so often on the Mythbusters:

"There's your problem!"

A laptop cooler might help. Also, clean any dust off the vents that you can get to. If you are good with computers(and I mean really good, because laptops are a b****) open the laptop up and clean all the dust out from everywhere.

Otherwise just canned air the heck out of it.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(11-10-2013, 12:46 AM)ReDevilGames Wrote: I tried some settings: the emulator keeps the normal speed, but FPS are halved Smile

Could you tell me the exact setting you use? Because I can get some games to run at 30 fps but the audio is out of sync. You say you changed some settings and got it at normal speed.
Please let me know if you can!
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-6700K Processor (Overclocked to 4.6GHz)
Motherboard: ASUS Z170-A
GPU: x2, ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB AMP! Extreme (SLI)
RAM: 16 GB
HD: x1, 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD, x1, 2TB SSHD, x1, 4TB Seagate Backup Plus, x1, 1TB Seagate External
OS: Windows 10 64-bit (Upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate (64-Bit)
(11-11-2013, 02:45 AM)sandman332 Wrote: Could you tell me the exact setting you use? Because I can get some games to run at 30 fps but the audio is out of sync. You say you changed some settings and got it at normal speed.
Please let me know if you can!

That's pretty normal if you are running at half speed.

You might try to weak the SPU-2 plugin settings.
As a laptop owner myself, I can feel your pain. My lappy actualy broke down due to overheating (GPU heatsink melt off and dropped somewhere around power input causing a short circuit...), I got a replacement motherboard for free even though waranty was already expired Laugh

90c is too hot. I fixed my laptops major overheating issues with few tricks. First I removed the original GPU heatsink completely with a better (and bigger) one that was meant for desktop PC's and used a silicon "ring" to keep it steady. My GPU now never goes over 85c under full load without extra cooling and such. <-- this might be too risky for you to do so next easier step would be to clean the fan/s or go to a PC store and for them to clean it up for you. Once I cleaned mine, my fan stopped making "flappy" sound and my GPU stays few dedgrees cooler while the CPU overheating became slightly less common.

Third, external cooling pads can help but you must pick proper model and make sure that your laptop has an air in-take went underneath it. My cooling pad (meant for max 16" laptops although my laptop is 17") works pretty well and keeps my GPU at 80C and CPU cores slightly above 80 (other core still has some serious overheating problems because it runs +5 dedgrees hotter and usualy causes the other core to reach higher temps too)

So, in short:
1. enhance cooling capabilities if you are tech savy, if not, then dont even try.
2. clean fan
3. possible extrenal cooling.
4. make sure that the in-take vent is not "blocked"

5. if you laptop is older and you decide to take it to store for cleaning, ask them if they could apply new thermal paste.
Excl Note to self: learn to write shorter posts
I hate opening laptops. I have a degree in PC support, hardware specialty. I've opened 5 laptops in my life. And I mean like opened all the way to the mobo is out in my lap.

3 I fixed.
1 I killed.
1 I killed the mouse and keyboard when my clumsy ass tore the ribbon cables.

That's a 40% f*** up ratio. That's why I won't work on laptops(hardware wise, software is fine obviously) for anyone else and only open my own as last resort. The last I opened was for this reason. To fix heat problems.