4:3, 16:9 or multiple of native res?
I play FFX at 4x or higher native res at 16:9 with 16x MSAA and looks good.

As for what the P stands for. Yeah I got it wrong and you two are right.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3

Sponsored links

I'll just quickly add that converting from 4:3 to 16:9 causes things to become wide. on people it usually looks like they suddenly became too fat. If you go from 16:9 to 4:3 they suddenly lost all their fat, and grew taller. Not real important to know, but i just thought i'd throw it out there.
I think you monitor is fault their then. Or something is because it should NOT do that. I can post you a pic of my FFX in widescreen (16:9). And the will not look fat.

http://i.imgur.com/ixV2X.jpg

What it looks like for me.
^It looks stretched there buddy. As for NormO there is a widescreen patch thread you can look for. There constantly adding new patches for ps2 games to be display in real 16:9. It will solve your problem.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wid...#pid215457
I'll admit some games do it worse than others. I shouldn't have made a generalization and said everything does it. Sorry about that.
Thanks for the heads up jadentheman.
Here's what i mean. This is MK Deception and i didn't turn on widescreen support in the game which would solve the stretched or fat look.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(11-18-2012, 01:38 AM)fade2black001 Wrote: I play FFX at 4x or higher native res at 16:9 with 16x MSAA and looks good.

As for what the P stands for. Yeah I got it wrong and you two are right.

What pc specs do you have? I also use a widescreen hack for FFX, but I use the .elf hack from here as it looks better than a pnach patch. Made my FPS drop quite a bit though, so I'm not sure I can play at MAX settings anymore. 4x MSAA and FXAA looks good enough to me in HD.
Its not a hack but just normal settings through the emulator itself. So its not true widescreen. However though. I will test out the hack and see if I can still play it at those settings I mentioned though.

Edit: I know tested out the hack and it works. DO I get any FPS drops because it? No I do it. I still play the game fine at full 60fps even at 5x native res with 16x MSAA on.

As for my specs.

I5 3570k 4.0GHZ
HD Radeon 2GB 6950 factory OC'd
8GB DDR3 RAM at 1600MHZ
(11-18-2012, 11:12 AM)fade2black001 Wrote: Its not a hack but just normal settings through the emulator itself. So its not true widescreen. However though. I will test out the hack and see if I can still play it at those settings I mentioned though.

Edit: I know tested out the hack and it works. DO I get any FPS drops because it? No I do it. I still play the game fine at full 60fps even at 5x native res with 16x MSAA on.

As for my specs.

I5 3570k 4.0GHZ
HD Radeon 2GB 6950 factory OC'd
8GB DDR3 RAM at 1600MHZ

Yeah those specs seem very good. Enjoy widescreen.