"4 Edges" Demoscene
Smile 
Now for one that works a little better under emulation Smile

http://pouet.net/prod.php?which=24552 - ISO only, no source code

Can't check this out on real hardware at the moment because I don't have any DVDs to burn an ESR-Disc and there's no PS2Link etc. ELF provided (there was one but the file's been taken down by whoever was hosting it). If anyone knows how to fix the extracted .ELF so I can watch it with Free MCBoot be my guest Tongue

Mostly works in PCSX2 except for the sync being WAY off. I advise the use of GSdx in either Software modes (looks nicer) or DX9 Hardware mode (faster). DX10 Hardware mode causes a HUGE memory leak early on and the PCSX2 process must be ended. ZeroGS is VERY slow, not played with advanced options though.

Video: http://capped.tv/playeralt.php?vid=tbl-4_edges

Sponsored links

DX10 works if you use no more than 2x scaling otherwise it dies.
And using async mixing in spu2 somewhat makes it more synced.
(10-15-2010, 02:01 AM)andutrache Wrote: DX10 works if you use no more than 2x scaling otherwise it dies.
And using async mixing in spu2 somewhat makes it more synced.

I was using native and it ate 4GB of RAM and reduced my whole system to a standstill just before the 3D started.
Hmm, strange for me it lags a bit at the beginning of 3D but then it ran fine.
L.E: Argh now i know why it because i have 1,79 GB of Video Memory this demo just eats it all and like 1,2 - 2 GB of my RAM
How many GB's of ram does your GTX 280 have?
(10-15-2010, 02:20 AM)andutrache Wrote: Hmm, strange for me it lags a bit at the beginning of 3D but then it ran fine.
L.E: Argh now i know why it because i have 1,79 GB of Video Memory this demo just eats it all and like 1,2 - 2 GB of my RAM
How many GB's of ram does your GTX 280 have?

1GB

It does appear to be a VRAM related issue, reducing the internal res to 256x256 makes it work for me. It looks terrible, of course Tongue better off in DX9 Hardware mode.
yeah for me in DX9 HW mode it uses all of my VRAM but it doesn't use any extra RAM.
But i don't think its normal for such a small and simple demo to use this much VRAM.
The cause probably lies in a GSDX bug somewhere, a dev's opinion would be great here as i don't know if i'm 100% correct on this
I've verified using GPU-Z that it hits 1GB memory usage on the GPU straight after the 3D scene starts, and then starts rapidly swapping memory in and out of the GPU (I think VRAM swapping like this is specific to DX10). Although the "native" option causes this behaviour, if I manually specify the native resolution (512x448) as the D3D internal res, it seems to work fine.

Setting the resolution like this makes some of the effects look blocky though, so I assume they're using some kind of buffer swapping trick (similar to what Halo 3 does on the 360).
Old thread, I know, but I have the solution:
It seems that our beloved emu, has the EE cycle emulation a little off, I think that the demo's snow scene must run in 60fps but for some reason de Emulator runs at 30fps, slowing down the scene thus desyncing the audio, the solution I've found is overclocking the EE to 130%, when you run it, you'll find out that the snow scene runs in 60fps and the audio will be perfectly synched.

The version that i use is: PCSX2 Nightly - v1.7.3573

My rig is:

- Mobo: ASUS Strix B350-F
- CPU: Ryzen 3700x
- RAM: VENGEANCE RGB PRO SL 32GB (2x16GB) 3200mhz - XMP Profile 16-20-20-38
- GFX: Is so bad I'm too embarrased to tell
- AUDIO: Creative Sound Blaster AE-9
- KEYBOARD: Logitech K400 Plus
- GAMEPAD: Four DS3 Controllers with BT trendnet, using SCPToolkit

12 Years later, I hope this will be useful for somebody. Wink Biggrin Biggrin
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]