$450 Bounty: Armored Core Last Raven
Hello!

Checked to see if bounties were against forum rules and could not find anything, if they are please let me know!

Not sure if this qualifies for its own thread but...!

Bounty goes to whoever can issue a working patch to clear up the resolution of LR.

There will also be a smaller reward ($80) for anyone who can produce definitive proof that it impossible for such a patch to exist.

(I wanted to post this in developer discussion but could not, apologies!)

EDITED: New information has come to light.

Sponsored links

I don't get what the problem is.
Upscaling works, even with the preload frame data hack enabled.
I run it @ 60 fps, no speed issue.
Or are you looking for an internal 60 fps patch ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Thank you!

Am I was fishing in the wrong pond?
Does the game itself need to be edited to remedy this?

Last Raven and Nexus share the same engine however LR has more post processing effects that PCSX2 cant seem to cut through regardless of settings or skip draw, unlike Nexus and all other Armored Core games.

Attached are 4 images of Nexus and Last Raven with the same settings using 1.6.0

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing
I expect the money to be delivered on the stepdoor and wrapped inside a box of Belgian Chocolates.
i think you're looking for a no interlacing .pnach
you can post your request here : https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-No-interlacing-codes
looks like AC3 hasn't been fulfilled
Thank you jesalvein.
Do you think a no interlacing patch would fully solve the issue?
"fully", i can't tell since i'm not sure i understood exactly what you meant.
but from the looks of your screenshots, i guess so
you've been heard : https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-No-inter...#pid609912
Bounty ended successfully.
Unfortunately, this did not end as nicely as he would like you all to believe. I ended up getting partially screwed out of money I rightfully deserved.

Let's start with when I "fulfilled the bounty". This is the message I got when I initially posted the patch that effectively accomplished what he wanted:

OmegaJP Wrote:
PsxFan107 Wrote:Guess what? I pulled it off. It turns out the discrepancy in clarity between the menus and in-game was the ammo I needed. Turns out there's a flag that turns on anti-aliasing when the game switches to  240i mode.

Patch will be up in the no-interlacing thread shortly.

You are a guru!

It works! clear as crystal.

However, in mission the game renders at 60fps however all movement is molasses slow, almost like underwater, audio is broken too. speed hacks can get it the proper speed at around 200% frametime but the audio is still busted. Do you get the same effect?

If I re enable interlacing it fixes this issue and still looks crisp, minus the blur/halo vibration that comes with interlacing.

We are SO CLOSE to the trifecta.

There was a small issue with the patch impacting the games performance and I fixed it. So, that was all good.

Except... This is where it began.

To quote the original bounty post:

(06-01-2020, 03:29 AM)OmegaJP Wrote: Bounty goes to whoever can issue a working patch to clear up the resolution of LR.

Remember what he said in the PM?

(06-01-2020, 03:29 AM)OmegaJP Wrote: It works! clear as crystal.

So, that 's the fulfillment of the bounty, right? Apparently not. To quote from the message he sent me AFTER posting that the bounty was closed:

OmegaJP Wrote:
PsxFan107 Wrote:Also, it was aliasing of the terrain that was mentioned not halo blur.

Right! it extends to the player model as well.
Not sure what to make of it.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

I took some screenshots of the effect on and off as i described.
Note LR1 (no skip draw) and LR2. (Skip draw 1,1)

I feel you have satisfied the majority of my bounty request.
You do great work! Thank you so much PsxFan107!
I am going to pay out to you $300 more of the bounty, as I feel there still could be more tweaks found and improved.

No deadline, feel free to tinker away at your own pace!
Could be tomorrow could be a year from now, i'll be around haha

Alternatively, creation of de interlacing/de blur patches for:

AC2: Another Age
AC: Silent Line
AC: Nexus Disk 1 (de blur as de interlace already exsists)
AC: Nexus Disk 2
AC: Nine Breaker

Will either warrant the remaining $100 or will be paid off for $15 each title if Last Raven can reach full satisfactory and the bounty is paid in full.

Note: he said "more" of the bounty becaue he had a!ready given me $50 for my initial work.

Apparently, he was still not satisfied for some reason even though I quite clearly accomplished what he wanted. We went back and forth a little bit over what ended up being an upscaling artifact caused by the emulator. However, there was still nothing in reguards to that last $100 which is what bothered me. 

So a few hours later, I inqured into what he wanted:

PsxFan107 Wrote:So, what exactly do you want fixed for that last $100 of the Last Raven bounty? Also, posted another update to my patch in the de-interlace thread that fixes a mistake and de-interlaces the loading screens.

To which he replied with:

OmegaJP Wrote:The remaining $100 for the Last Raven bounty will be going to felixthecat1970, he made up a progressive scan pnach.
Was a great community effort, something to be proud of! The Armored Core community can finally enjoy Last Raven in true HD for the first time thanks to you and Felix, you did a great thing!

r/armoredcore is going to have a field day

Excuse me? I apparently missed the part where he requested a progressive scan hack as part of the bounty. Also, he offered that "remaining $100" to me initially which is why I asked him about it.

Fun fact: he didn't. Remember, all he said was a clear image. Nothing about progressive scan.

So, there you have it. I was cheated out of $100.

I really do feel bad about making a post like this, but I just wanted to come out with it to make sure no one else has to deal with stuff like this.

I have attached an image of my pay-pal proving I was indeed paid less than promised.

P.S. This is why I have pulled the patch from the interlace thread for the time being.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)