4700MQ poor performance
Hi all, decided to make a new thread.

Installed the newest version of pcsx2 from the auto builds, system spec as listed below. I booted on the intel iGPU since I am using GSDX9 Software (CPU render), the 980M doesn't do anything in this situation.

Ace Combat Zero The Belkan War runs at 100% most of the time, EE 55-70% and GS 30-35%. But sometimes dip to 80%-ish. Extra render thread is set at 7 (4 cores, 8 threads. 1+7 extra).

Can anyone help me set PCSX2 so it runs smoothly? Thanks in advance.
W10 1809 LTSC
SCP  DS3 + DS4

Sponsored links

Did you try setting a lower number of rendering threads? Having too many will actually slow things down in a lot of cases, and have a hyper threaded quad core is not the same as having an 8 core CPU. Try extra rendering threads at 3 Tongue As far as I know hardware mode runs fine minus the black lines, idk how well your cpu will do software mode... You might also give DX11/OGL a try Laugh
Desktop:
Ryzen 7 5800X | MSI MAG CORELIQUID 360R | MSI X570 unify | 32GB DDR4@3600 MHz (14-14-14-34) | EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 Ultra
1TB + 2TB WD Black SN770 | Windows 11 Pro x64
I want to say Greg has fixed a number of issues including problems with Ace Combat with OpenGL. So grab the latest GIT version and give it a try. Might need to activate Preload Data and Accurate Date and/ore Hardware Depth give them all a try and see if it helps any
(05-01-2016, 09:24 AM)Topken Wrote: I want to say Greg has fixed a number of issues including problems with Ace Combat with OpenGL. So grab the latest GIT version and give it a try. Might need to activate Preload Data and Accurate Date and/ore Hardware Depth give them all a try and see if it helps any

This one right?

http://pcsx2.net/download/development/git.html

How do I activate the options you mentioned?

Currently this is the only option that runs on full speed and no texture bug.

[Image: Yo36BbJ.png]

Testing on my 5820K (6 core, 12 threads). As per the above suggestion, render threads have been adjusted to match physical core count and not thread count.
W10 1809 LTSC
SCP  DS3 + DS4
First off change it to OpenGL (hardware) instead of OpenGL (software) that should activate the options needed since they are hardware mode options
(05-02-2016, 02:36 AM)Topken Wrote: First off change it to OpenGL (hardware) instead of OpenGL (software) that should activate the options needed since they are hardware mode options

OpenGL hardware still has line issue plus garbled ground textures

[Image: ggogp5D.png]

Using hw hack + preload, accurate date doesn't fix

GTX 980M is connected exclusively to the display, intel GPU is not active
W10 1809 LTSC
SCP  DS3 + DS4
Need to tick Enable HW Hacks for it to take effect for starters. And as I said give them all a try in different combinations and see if any of them work
OpenGL hardware causes ground textures to be garbled no matter what
W10 1809 LTSC
SCP  DS3 + DS4
bump?
W10 1809 LTSC
SCP  DS3 + DS4