4GB isn't enough to use save states?
(03-26-2016, 06:18 PM)Rekrul Wrote: If the game allows saving (many games on older systems don't), then I always save before quitting a session. I normally use the save states to assist in getting through the levels, then save at the end of a level/checkpoint. Also, if the emulator allows it, I also save a named save state so that it won't get corrupted/overwritten by the instant save state hotkey.

I'm surprised that PCSX2 doesn't automatically create separate save states and memcards for each game, rather than having all games share common ones. I mean, I know you can manually copy the state and memcard files to another directory to back them up so that the saves from one game don't interfere with the previous ones, but it would be much more convenient if it was done automatically. That way each game could have its own dedicated memory cards and save state slots.
Aren't you using the memcard folder feature ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

(03-26-2016, 06:48 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Aren't you using the memcard folder feature ?

No, because I have no idea how to. I see that the memcard manager has an option to convert the selected memcard to a directory of files, and I see that there's an option to manage memcards automatically if using "folder type", but I can't find anywhere in any of the options to enable that. Nor can I find any documentation online that tells you how to have it use a directory for the memcard rather than a single file.
Convert a memory card. It will show up in the list of available cards, marked "folder".
Drag the "folder" memory card into slot 1 or slot 2. Done. Smile

Running out of memory is commonly a GSdx problem. Try reducing the upscaling or use the software renderer, see if that makes savestates available again.
(03-30-2016, 07:39 PM)rama Wrote: Convert a memory card. It will show up in the list of available cards, marked "folder".
Drag the "folder" memory card into slot 1 or slot 2. Done. Smile

Thanks for the information. Smile

(03-30-2016, 07:39 PM)rama Wrote: Running out of memory is commonly a GSdx problem. Try reducing the upscaling or use the software renderer, see if that makes savestates available again.

I haven't been upscaling the games at all because my system is just barely fast enough to run some of them as it is. Even the games that run at a playable speed slow down occasionally. Also, I was already using the software renderer with Spider-Man 2 as the hardware one produces graphical glitches.
In the game you can use hardware rendering with, enable 8 bit textures. It helps conserve memory.
For the other game, you're out of options, sorry.