4K recording using PCSX2 today
It's been for a while that I struggled on the delay, but I came up with an interesting topic recently. The topic is about recording PCSX2 footage on 4K quality and constant 60fps.
The reason I started recording PCSX2 footage on 4K quality is because I upgraded my PC with stronger memory and including the graphics card with very high VRAM, which became strong enough to record 4K footage. The games I record mainly on 4K+60fps is music games, because Japanese music gamers make a gag about when mattering about video quality, they call it "Gashitsu-Kaiden" (It means High quality resolution in Japanese, originally from beatmaniaIIDX's highest class called Kaiden).
Luckilly the games I usually record in 4K works perfectly, running with very rare frame drops when unrecorded. But the problem is I'm using my RTX 2080 Ti to record 4K footage + Run PCSX2 in 4K, so the frame drop sometime occurs. So that's why I'm thinking to buy an another Graphics card to let the recording and the PCSX2 footage running do separately, but that would be soon to make it dream come true.
The way I record the footage is making the PCSX2 footage size go to 1920x1080, and then I use Bandicam to record in 3840x2160 footage size with Constant 60fps. That way, the pressure to the PCSX2 goes low, and the amount of frame drops decrease.
So, does anybody love to seek recording perfect 4K footage on PCSX2? I would be glad to hear your comments.

Sponsored links

I've done some high res recording for PCSX2, my process for the videos is like this:

1. I use my GPU to upscale my output resolution (I have 1080p monitors) in NVIDIA CP.
2. I record the video in fullscreen mode. I use OBS desktop capture with 60fps and NVENC (this is nearly free).
3. Put clip into Resolve: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/product...ciresolve/
4. Make any needed edits
5. Render

Not sure this is the right place for this thread.
[Image: HkgHT5k.gif]
もっとちゃんと言ってよ
忘れないようメモにしてよ

(08-07-2019, 10:34 AM)Kojin Wrote: I've done some high res recording for PCSX2, my process for the videos is like this:

1. I use my GPU to upscale my output resolution (I have 1080p monitors) in NVIDIA CP.
2. I record the video in fullscreen mode. I use OBS desktop capture with 60fps and NVENC (this is nearly free).
3. Put clip into Resolve: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/product...ciresolve/
4. Make any needed edits
5. Render

Not sure this is the right place for this thread.
Nice, but I use the simplest way to record PCSX2 footage. Because for me, Bandicam is trustable to record 4K footage.
Apparently not if you're having problems with it.
Another graphics card won't help you. NVENC is GPU encoding and mostly free.
What do you mean by "making the PCSX2 footage size go to 1920x1080"?
もっとちゃんと言ってよ
忘れないようメモにしてよ

(08-07-2019, 01:31 PM)Kojin Wrote: Apparently not if you're having problems with it.
Another graphics card won't help you. NVENC is GPU encoding and mostly free.
What do you mean by "making the PCSX2 footage size go to 1920x1080"?
What I meant is make the PCSX2 footage's window size to 1920x1080 on my 4K monitor, which covers 25% worth of the screen, but the footage resolution is 4K (6x Native). I used that technique to decrease the pressure to my GPU, but it still occurs frame drops due to too much pressure for recording 4K footage in top-class quality and generating the PCSX2 footage in 4K resolution.
So it's 2 heavy duties on 1 Graphics card, so that's why I'm thinking of buying a Titan RTX for the PCSX2 game footage, and use my RTX 2080 Ti I own for the footage recording. It has 24GB of VRAM with the same DDR, so this can handle 4K in-game footage on any game easily.
Quote:What I meant is make the PCSX2 footage's window size to 1920x1080 on my 4K monitor, which covers 25% worth of the screen, but the footage resolution is 4K (6x Native).

Then you're recording 1080p.

Quote: I used that technique to decrease the pressure to my GPU, but it still occurs frame drops due to too much pressure for recording 4K footage in top-class quality and generating the PCSX2 footage in 4K resolution.

What kind of pressure?

Quote:So it's 2 heavy duties on 1 Graphics card, so that's why I'm thinking of buying a Titan RTX for the PCSX2 game footage, and use my RTX 2080 Ti I own for the footage recording. It has 24GB of VRAM with the same DDR, so this can handle 4K in-game footage on any game easily.

I highly doubt you need that kind of hw. Like I said recording on the GPU is mostly free. I can record DC2 at 4K on a 1070. I highly doubt you need a 2080 TI + Titan combo to do it. Not even sure if you can use NVENC that way. It's your wallet though.
もっとちゃんと言ってよ
忘れないようメモにしてよ

(08-07-2019, 03:03 PM)Kojin Wrote: Then you're recording 1080p.

What kind of pressure?

I highly doubt you need that kind of hw. Like I said recording on the GPU is mostly free. I can record DC2 at 4K on a 1070. I highly doubt you need a 2080 TI + Titan combo to do it. Not even sure if you can use NVENC that way. It's your wallet though.
The window size is 1080p, but I setted the resolution for the footage in 4K. For that, I guess it's because I'm using the PCSX2 1.5.0 v3220 from github, but I'm using Direct11 on Hardware mode.
The pressure to my Graphics card is about applying high pressure on my graphics card for doing 2 heavy duties: Recording 4K footage and generating 4K footage from the PCSX2. The consequences are lags and frame drops, which disturbs my recording on 4K footage.
Equiping 2 strong graphic cards might not do anything, but I'll give it a try when i have money.
Quote:The window size is 1080p

Which means the output is 1080p. Which means you're recording 1080p. It might have some impressive AA or it might be scaled to 4K, but it's 1080p.

Quote:Equiping 2 strong graphic cards might not do anything, but I'll give it a try when i have money.

It would be incredibly cheaper to record using an external device like an Elgato
もっとちゃんと言ってよ
忘れないようメモにしてよ

I've been able to capture 4K source from PCSX2 and output to 1080p using OBS with NVENC, on a single GTX 1070 Ti without a hitch. I doubt very much that bumping the output to match the source resolution would be a performance hit if I tried.
(08-08-2019, 11:57 PM)pandubz Wrote: I've been able to capture 4K source from PCSX2 and output to 1080p using OBS with NVENC, on a single GTX 1070 Ti without a hitch. I doubt very much that bumping the output to match the source resolution would be a performance hit if I tried.
Nice, but I would prefer Bandicam. That thing has simple settings, and it can record 120000 kbps footage with constant 144 fps as the maximum setting.
By the way, I recently realized that I have an another graphics card, which is the 1050 Ti. It may only have 4GB of VRAM, but it can probably be able to handle 4K recording and displaying by itself (Of course I'll use the owned RTX 2080 Ti for the PCSX2 footage generating).
Good thing I checked my stuff I already have before I waste money.