5.1 or any surround audio
Hello there guys,

Been reading but still can't find a good guide to achieve multi-channel (even if it's fake/upmixed) audio. So how do I do this?

I have a 7.1/5.1 onboard realtek as well as a 7.1/5.1 USB Audio device (CMedia) capable of DTS and dolby also which has optical out and input. And I also have a HD Audio Rush (optical to 5.1 analog converter). 

I keep xaudio settings at stereo because choosing quad/5.1 there would just copy the channels and not create newer ones out of the stereo signal, right?

What about a winamp DSP plugin, would I need something like ATsurround?

Here's what I tried and still get stereo audio:

I keep windows 10 and realtek panel settings at 5.1. I choose xaudio stereo and as well as 5.1 but pro-logic supported games are still stereo and DTS games like Vice City are muted. My realtek device can play DTS in players and movies fine though?

I'll use the USB Cmedia device (since it has DTS support) and see if it works.

Sponsored links

The game need to be encoded with surround like DTS or Dolby digital to get true surround. And pcsx2 also need to have support
for it.
(05-02-2021, 09:01 PM)sportster Wrote: The game need to be encoded with surround like DTS or Dolby digital to get true surround. And pcsx2 also need to have support
for it.

Yeah, I'm already trying those. My source is mobygames.

I can't even get replicated back channels even with quad selected in pcsx2 settings.
in pcsx2 1,7 wasapi + exclusive mode options works for me in dolby digital / dts games with my amp (using HDMI conection) maybe (optical) works too
(05-03-2021, 02:30 PM)felixthecat1970 Wrote: in pcsx2 1,7 wasapi + exclusive mode options works for me in dolby digital / dts games with my amp (using HDMI conection) maybe (optical) works too

Can't even get stereo out of cross platform windows exclusive wasapi mode.

God, this emu is such a mess.