50/60 hz video frequency
There's a way (with DX10) to set two different screen resolutions with refresh rate? For example :

NTSC 1280x720 @ 60hz
PAL 1280x720 @ 50hz

For example, pSX gui has two different options to do this :-)
Thanx
I5 - 2320 @ 3,0 Ghz - 8 GbyteDDR2 1333 Mhz - Geforce 8800 GTS 512 Mbyte - Win 7x64 - Samsung 32" TV HD-Ready
Uomo saggio il cielo aiuta.

Sponsored links

I'm not sure I understood the question, that's is dependent on the game (due to the TV standard in each region) and not an arbitrary choice.

PCSX2 is just able to deal with both.

PS: If you mean using actual TV as monitor, the interface is done by the videocard driver.
Imagination is where we are truly real
I wanna set refresh rate with pcsx2 interface or ini file.
If you load a pal game PCSX2 works always with refresh to 60hz. instead, pSX emulator has double video setting , one for pal and one for ntsc game.
I5 - 2320 @ 3,0 Ghz - 8 GbyteDDR2 1333 Mhz - Geforce 8800 GTS 512 Mbyte - Win 7x64 - Samsung 32" TV HD-Ready
Short answer?
No, PCSX2 doesn't have that.

Currently PCSX2 will use whatever you have your desktop set to, there really isn't a need to change the refresh rate for different region system but whatever... You can try an older version of PCSX2 like 0.9.6 and GSdx should let you do what you want with the "resolution" setting then for easier control but it's not what you want, in 0.9.7 you'd have to change your desktop resolution/refresh rate before or while using PCSX2.

Why do you need to have that? I'm curious.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Spike1977, PAL and NTSC are TV standards, consoles are made to be used with them, it's another whole thing the usage in PC. it's not just the monitor's refresh rate.

From the PC stand point, there is almost no difference from a game running at 30FPS or 120FPS (in terms of perception and image flowing, another thing is the I/O response time (lag)), it's not so for PS2 that have most of events synchronized with that FPS (dictated by the standard), hence it's so sensible to FPS changes

It may be thought as events in PC occurs depending on time, if the character is to move from point A to point B in 5 seconds, he will do it in 5 seconds, does not matter the FPS. The console binds the same thing to the frames, if the character is to move from point A to point B in 300 frames (on NTSC 60 x5 secs) he will move very slowly if the FPS decreases or, conversely, move too fast if the FPS increases.
wrong nosisab ken keleh! Run a pal game with refresh set to 60 it's really really really different that run same game with refresh to 50hz. NTSC smoooooth with refresh 60 hz - pal smooothhh with refresh set to 50 hz. PCSX2 runs pal game to 50 fps with every refresh,but for example if i set lcd resolutin to 1920x1080 @ 50 hz i've a game really smooth.
Understand?! Oh and i know, my english is terrible :-P

TRY A PSX 1 PAL GAME with pSX emulator and test 50 and 60hz refresh rate, or use epsxe gpusoft plugin set to 50 and 60 hz, see the difference
(01-15-2011, 06:49 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: From the PC stand point, there is almost no difference from a game running at 30FPS or 120FPS (in terms of perception and image flowing
Objection!!! There is a big difference between 30 and 60 fps (I couldn't try 120 fps because my refresh rate can only be at 50 or 60 hz). Don't you see the diffence between Mario Sunshine and Mario Galaxy, or DBZ Infinite world vs Sparking! Meteor? I even see the difference in 25 vs 30 fps (PAL vs NTSC).
spike1977, the only thing you can do is to change your monitor refresh manually (I usually do that to watch anime or films).
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F Gaming WiFi
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz CL30 DDR5
Monitor: Asus PG278QR
Please read with care what was said. TV standards mean nothing to PC, just to consoles. And those TV patterns are much more than only refresh rate. Just to avoid further misunderstandings, by "from the PC stand point" I mean games developed for it. There is no sense to include console games here, "unless" first passing by an emulator...

Remember, PS2 games are still console games and then, subject to the same rules for consoles, be them played on the actual device or on emulators. The emulator is the responsible to translate the input (targeted to the console) to the output to something the PC "understand".

PS: To be more specific, TV standards would not even be concern for console games if only the output was streamed for actual TVs indeed...
But, at least for PS2 it's not so, as said before, most games have the events synched by the standard, which "Need" the output to be tightly and rigidly fixed, that's the only reason the FPS plays such role over the events, such as sound synch and movement synch. among other things. "Timed" by the frames instead the "real" time, I mean.

Edit: using the former example. To the PC Char is to move from point A to B in 5 seconds and will get there in 5 seconds once nothing becomes to slow to break it. So it may occurs after 20 or 200 frames have passed without greater problem.

But in console Char is meant to reach point B from A after 300 frames have passed (what translates by 5 secs under 60Hz)... so if the FPS fall to 30 the frame 300 will be reached only after 10 seconds have passed... he will move at half the speed.